Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my current car in January of 2007.

It was a low mileage demo.

I was, of course, negotiating my deal according to the Invoice and the MSRP on the window sticker.

I just realized that my window sticker list the following:
Sound Group II $535
6 Boston Acoustics Speakers with Subwoofer
322-Watt Amplifier
AM/FM Radio with Cassette, CD, 6-Disc Charger & MP3

None of this stuff is or was ever in my car when I owned it. I am sure I missed an opportunity at the day of the sale and arguably within a reasonable time thereafter to bring this to their attention, but I am STILL under warranty.

Do I have a case to argue this and request for what is listed on the sticker? Can I ask for money back or something. Should I request services or something instead.

I am the first owner, with the exception of the dealership that doesn't supposed to count.

Is there any visible bolting, screws, or latching mechanism that secures the subwoofer and amp in the trunk/trunk liner that can be used as evidence that it was NEVER in my trunk.

How should I approach this....if at all?

Thanks guys...you guys always seems to help me out in as jam.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Don't know but you're probably SOL unfortunately. The Kicker in my trunk is velcroed in. I don't know how the Boston setup is installed.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know but you're probably SOL unfortunately. The Kicker in my trunk is velcroed in. I don't know how the Boston setup is installed.
Even if so, I am still more than likley going to try this. They were stressing to me that the car was new, first name on the title, etc, etc, so I will try.

The velcro thing doesn't help though as I was hoping the lack of a bolt ever being screwed in my liner would be a good arguing point.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
First, is the VIN on the window sticker the same as the car? (sneaky dealers switch them sometimes).

Second, have you requested the build sheet for the car to verify the equipment it was manufactured with?

Third, if the car checks out as being manufactured with the subwoofer and you took delivery without it, go back the dealer and complain. You are probably SOL but it's still worth a try. Of course if you want to be really sneaky, take it in for an oil change and then when you pick it up scream "Hey, where's my subwoofer?!" and show them the sticker to prove that it should be there.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
how sure are you that it doesnt have such items? I requested my build sheet because of this reason, i do know that the boston acoustic stereo system in the chargers doesnt come with any badging or anything to prove.....so i bought badging after it was confirmed that i have it!

·
Registered
877 Posts
The amp & subwoofer in the BA system is mounted on the package tray & can only be seen if you remove the inner trunk liner.

Only the Kicker System has the external visible subwoofer

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
The amp & subwoofer in the BA system is mounted on the package tray & can only be seen if you remove the inner trunk liner.

Yep, my bad. I was assuming the Kicker subwoofer mounted on the side in the trunk. I think the OP was assuming the same. The BA system is different than the Kicker system and the subwoofer isn't readily visible.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yep, my bad. I was assuming the Kicker subwoofer mounted on the side in the trunk. I think the OP was assuming the same. The BA system is different than the Kicker system and the subwoofer isn't readily visible.

Too funny. I sure was thinking that. I will have to remove the trunk liner to check this out. So what exactly do I have to remove or lift up. LOL! Is this visible when I access the spare tire.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Too funny. I sure was thinking that. I will have to remove the trunk liner to check this out. So what exactly do I have to remove or lift up. LOL! Is this visible when I access the spare tire.
It's up under the shelf under the rear window (rear package tray). I really don't think you need to tear it open to see it. I'm sure it's there if your window sticker VIN matches the car. It'd be a real pain to remove it and there's no reason anyone would.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts

REally? Mine is bolted in at the top.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
You know there might be a bolt. The velcro alwas took longer to get passed when pulling it out.

·
Super Moderator
11,602 Posts
Don't knwo what the laws are in your state, but up here there is a 2 years statute of limitations on stuff like that, so even if you were right (which you don't know yet) you'd be S.o.L. up here.

And as an FYI, I have SGII as well, and there is no visible Amp or Sub.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The amp is under/beneath the steering wheel to the left. The sub, as stated, behind/between the backseat head rests. I might add that the Sound Group II BA system was very impressive for what it is.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
find the trunk light..
directly behind and forward of that is the BA sub. you will need to remove a few of the push pins that hold the top liner in place.

you will then see the sub as well as the 2 speakers in the package tray.
on the bottom of each speaker is printed boston acoustic

·
Registered
103 Posts
I jumped in the trunk and pulled a few of the push pins out so I could see it and it's there....but really small. Not very impressive but it does get the job done. No one outside of the car is really going to hear thumping base but it will be fine for the casual listener.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I jumped in the trunk and pulled a few of the push pins out so I could see it and it's there....but really small. Not very impressive but it does get the job done. No one outside of the car is really going to hear thumping base but it will be fine for the casual listener.
Until i got the settings dialed in properly on the Kicker system in the new SRT, from the inside. the Boston acoustics system sounded Just as good.

And im not a complete discerning audiophile, but do enjoy quality. At home i have a nice High end Marantz receiver coupled with a Klipsch cinema 10 speaker setup...when i got that i toatally noticed the upgrade from prior system. Yet again, could hardly notice a Difference between the two Charger systems.

So for me, for what it is, the BA system is pretty darn good.

Sorry to Off-Track your thread there, Mr Funk Dr.

·
Registered
120 Posts
dealers print the window stickers, they will claim it was a typo and it should have been brought up at or near the time of sale not a year or two later

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I have the boston acoustic sound package, and no sub (it sucks anyway)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts