Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The molding under the windows of my charger has some really and oxidation. It's been like this for a while and idk how to fix it. Any suggestions? And Also the pillars have lost the hard black look and have a blackish grayish look. Any help would be great :)

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
BND has awesome vinyl protector that may bring the black back and it's UV protectant. I use to use 303 marine vinyl protector which is also UV. Once you fix it, you really need to maintain it with some protector. You could replace the window trim and the B pillar is regular vinyl decal, so that can be replaced.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called my local dodge dealer and asked what it'd cost to get the window trim replaced and they said around $300! That seems a bit steep to me. Will that product fix the oxidation aswell?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I put a CF vinyl overlay on the pillars....it looks way better...search ebay..... I need to fix the molding aswell, wonder if Autozone.pepboys,etc.... sell something for it,,,

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
BND has awesome vinyl protector that may bring the black back and it's UV protectant. I use to use 303 marine vinyl protector which is also UV. Once you fix it, you really need to maintain it with some protector. You could replace the window trim and the B pillar is regular vinyl decal, so that can be replaced.
Listen to this ...i have personally seen this cars pillars and plastic trims....they look like they just came off the show room

BND should do the trick...if you need to get in contact with them

370Hemi-Brian will be at your service at a PM

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Listen to this ...i have personally seen this cars pillars and plastic trims....they look like they just came off the show room

BND should do the trick...if you need to get in contact with them

370Hemi-Brian will be at your service at a PM
will it fix the oxidation aswell or just keep it looking good when its fixed?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Do what I did and put vinyl on um... Cheap, well in some cases the vinyl I used was expensive but its an option...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I have this same problem, and I was thinking about ordering the chrome(if I could find some that aren't chrome,that would be great) overlays and sanding them down and painting them the same color of my car.This is just a thought.What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Anybody elsa come up with a fix to this???

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
So far I have no issues but I do wax and polish everything on this car

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Yep windows get Rainex!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use the back to black from mothers its in a red bottle got it from auto zone it cleans and restores the shine back sometimes if its really bad you will need to do it several time but IT DOES WORK been using it for years on all my cars

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.