Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else had any problems with the window switch on the drivers door, goin down inside the door panel.. is there a fix to this...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Has the door ever been off? If so who ever took it off broke the switch.

The switch is bolted to the door (IIRC), I broke mine too...Im on ebay right now looking for another. Mine doesnt fall into the door though.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the door hasnt been off.. it doesn't fall all the way down.. it just comes off from the left side of the switch.. i can put it back in place but then later it pops back down...

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea it just releases from it bezel.. i know a while back there was a thread bout this but i cant seem to find it... yea i bout it back in 05.. its 2yrs old already lol.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
that sucks...still under warranty?

theres a few switches on ebay... I need to grab one myself.

Im sure you could probably glue the ****er though. I just hate taking these doors off.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea its a mofo to get the panels off.. thats what i was thinkin of just gluein that sucker.. its out factory warranty and i dont know if my extended would cover that... since im takin it to the dealer tomorrow morning for that noise in the suspension ill just ask them bout that...

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
You don't need to take the panels off. When it pops in, pop all the way in and remove that trim around the black switch. It comes off by pulling it out. The black switch is held on the tan trim ring thing by those side tabs, and the trim ring is held to the panels also by side tabs.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks goval... ill try that out

·
Registered
885 Posts
Not only did mine cave in (been this way for months and I have not gotten around to going to the dealer) but when I semi-fixed it while the door panel was off, it only held for like 2 weeks. Ever since then it will not come flush with the door again unless I remove the panel again, and it is just getting worse. Then to make things really suck, the left rear window switch broke the other day. There is no longer a detent feeling to the switch, it just flops up and down, so you can make the back window auto up and down easily enough, but you have to really work to get it to level off in the middle and make the window stop wherever it is and stay there. Hoping when I take it to the dealer for the sinking switches that they replace the whole thing, broken switch included, so I don't have to fight with them over that thing as well.

Now as far as the whole assembly, yeah, the black part clips into the outer trim of the switch assembly, and the whole things is connected to the door trim. The trim is NOT hard to take off - whoever says so is a wimp. There are just the 3 gray rivets that come off in a couple seconds a piece, and one or 2 screws on the bottom. Then it just pops right off and is only held on by 3 trim pins on the inside. That window switch is on ebay for 30 bucks all the time, but you're probably going to get another one that is equally derfective. Just buy it new from the dealer unless you want to pay them to do it or pay the deductible on an extended service plan, if you bought it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is there a TSB number for this

·
Registered
885 Posts
There is no TSB. I think he is talking out of his butt because so many people have had this problem and that somehow constitutes an issue of TSB proportions...whatever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts