Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently sitting here in Hawaii teaching a class. Originally stationed in San Diego and I am now hearing that the I-15 is closed from San Diego to Temecula area due to the fires that are popping up.

And CNN is only covering the rich fire out in Malibu.

If the fires and santa ana's keep up....how is this going to affect the meeting place off of Deer Springs Rd. on Saturday Morning?

Is someone working on a alternate plan or route?

I really would hate to have to miss the event due to road closures. But then safety first is always my main concern.

So any feedback on whats going on would be helpful.

Semper Fi.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the update..........better to hear it from the local folks than the news. Sometimes the news only focuses on certain areas or subjects, like "Britney Spears affected by the fire, trys to drive fire truck with out license." and so on.......:lol:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Thanks for the update..........better to hear it from the local folks than the news. Sometimes the news only focuses on certain areas or subjects, like "Britney Spears affected by the fire, trys to drive fire truck with out license." and so on.......:lol:
No worries. I'll let you know how it looks again tonight when i get home from work.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have a friend who lost his house today in Eastern County. Some others were told to evacuate and then the evac order was rescinded. The wind has died down tonight - should look better in the morning.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The 15 fwy is CLOSED at El Cajon pass. They tried to send me up there with a train to Barstow this morning and i laid off sick - no way I'm getting stuck up there til they get this under control. I just took a drive out to Temecula and it looks like Camp Pendleton is burning as well as the Pala Indian Reservation area on the other side of the 15. I never went over the pass so i'm not sure what it looks like. I have a friend who went down this morning with his National Guard Unit to fight the fires - it's no joke right now!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The 15 fwy is CLOSED at El Cajon pass. They tried to send me up there with a train to Barstow this morning and i laid off sick - no way I'm getting stuck up there til they get this under control. I just took a drive out to Temecula and it looks like Camp Pendleton is burning as well as the Pala Indian Reservation area on the other side of the 15. I never went over the pass so i'm not sure what it looks like. I have a friend who went down this morning with his National Guard Unit to fight the fires - it's no joke right now!
nope no joke san diego guys might have to go up the 5 and meet up with the la folks I might not even go if this fire continues to keep going the way it is

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nope no joke san diego guys might have to go up the 5 and meet up with the la folks I might not even go if this fire continues to keep going the way it is
Thats our thoughts too, we might end up not going. Our girls are getting sick due to the air quality, so hopefully it gets better and so do they.

Keep updated with your situation. I hope your house doesnt get hit.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
hey hemi? Were off the 78 are ya? Im n Vista closer to gopher canyon. I hope we can be cleared for the 15, if not we (us in sd that are going) need to meet here off the 5 and head up

1 - 20 of 52 Posts