Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got my diablo predator in the mail today. will it trigger any check engine lights etc. problems? since its changing the stock setting?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
You shouldnt have any problems. Just dont change any settings that your not sure about! But other than that its easy as cake and wont hurt anything. Go have fun!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i plugged it in and it said it needed to be updated. i did it. then the tuner said factory settings not saved... the radio turned off and my heart started palpitating lol i redid it and it came out fine. i got VERY nervous lol

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
It causes an unending smile

·
Registered
584 Posts
Just a question to go along with this, Does the factory tune need to be reinstalled to pass state emissions testing? Specifically NH http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/emissions/index.html

I'm planning on getting a predator after my warranty expires this month.
honestly i would just change it back to stock BEFORE going to the dealer, or getting emissions testing. it takes liek 3 min to load a tune, and your stock one is saved on it anyways. Just so they dont have any complaints, reset it to stock before that type of stuff. Some people think Modding cars is the devil and will hammer you!

Then, re-load your tune in the parking lot, and smokem on your way out. :slap: maybe not, but you can think about it!

·
Registered
566 Posts
honestly i would just change it back to stock BEFORE going to the dealer, or getting emissions testing. it takes liek 3 min to load a tune, and your stock one is saved on it anyways. Just so they dont have any complaints, reset it to stock before that type of stuff. Some people think Modding cars is the devil and will hammer you!

Then, re-load your tune in the parking lot, and smokem on your way out. :slap: maybe not, but you can think about it!
LOL, maybe if it's raining :beerchug:
Now with that answer I have another question, in order to pass the emissions testing the vehicle has to have completed all of it's drive cycles, when I load the factory tune back is that data loaded back with it or do the drive cycles need to be done again? If they need to be done again I think I''ll have to reload the stock tune a bit earlier so the computer has time to complete the cycles.

·
Registered
584 Posts
LOL, maybe if it's raining :beerchug:
Now with that answer I have another question, in order to pass the emissions testing the vehicle has to have completed all of it's drive cycles, when I load the factory tune back is that data loaded back with it or do the drive cycles need to be done again? If they need to be done again I think I''ll have to reload the stock tune a bit earlier so the computer has time to complete the cycles.
true true. I have to agree with you on that one. Honestly, i don't think you will fail the test anyways by loading a tune into your car. Our engines burn pretty clean anyways. But yeah... just take it on the freeway before you take it in i guess. Honestly i wouldn't change it back from my diablo tune if i was getting smogged. unless you have some crazy stuff, you should be just fine.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looks like you guys are correct, the diablo forum indicates it shouldn't be a problem as well :driving:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts