Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found rust on my hood. I will be taking my car in next week for the to check it out, and I assume that they will need to replace the hood.

If they do, do you think they will let me pay the difference and get the SRT hood?

If so, does anyone know roughly the difference I would need to pay? Thanks for any info guys!!!

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
I would be surprised if they replaced the hood, unless the rust is really bad and in a place that can't be fixed. Knowing how cheap my dealership is about fixing things, they'd rather just get your current hood repainted.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure that they'll try that, but I'm not having that....I'll take it as far as I can, but I don't think that a 2 year old car should be rusting already, and if it is, they NEED to replace the panle that is rusting....

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I recently found rust on my hood. I will be taking my car in next week for the to check it out, and I assume that they will need to replace the hood.

If they do, do you think they will let me pay the difference and get the SRT hood?

If so, does anyone know roughly the difference I would need to pay? Thanks for any info guys!!!
you do not have rust on your Hood..

The Hood is aluminum.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts

Yeah... the hood's ALUMINUM. You see rust? Is it near a hinge or the latch? The only other way is from a piece of steel in the paint. Some people have complained of particles in their paint....

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Also, they probably aren't gonna do anything as the rust warranty we have is for "perforation" and not for what I believe you described. So unless you have a hole in your hood they probably aren't gonna do anything for ya.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Rust??? what is rust.......i have not heard of that out here in Arizona......
Seriously, i dont think they will let you "trade up" to the SRT8 hood and if they did it would be the difference of the repair cost of your current hood and the price and install of the new hood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts