Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that Dodge will offer a Scat Pack trimline, similar to the one offered for the 2015 Challenger for the 2015/2016 Charger?

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2015-dodge-charger-needs-64l-scat-pack-model

Regarding the new Charger.

What is someone to do if they want something that has more than the 370hp 5.7L Charger R/T , but they can’t deal with the huge price tag of the 600+ horsepower Charger SRT?

This same problem was presented with the 2015 Dodge Challenger and to solve the problem with the brawny 2-door Mopar muscle car, the company introduced the Scat Pack trimline. The Challenger Scat Pack wears R/T badging but in terms of the working components, this new trimline is closer to the 2014 Challenger SRT than it is any of the Challenger R/T models – and that includes the powerful 6.4L Hemi V8. The Challenger Scat Pack bridges the massive gap in both price and performance between the 5.7L Hemi R/T and 6.2L Hellcat SRT packages and with the 2015-2016 Charger having that same gap – there is a perfect opportunity to introduce a Scat Pack trimline for the 4-door Mopar muscle car as well.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I would like to see them offer a 6.4 powered R/T...seems to me like it would cool to put that in the Daytona and make it really something special...but then, I've always been partial to the Daytona Chargers :banana:

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I think withing few years that will be offered to all Dodge vehicles, including a minivan.
There won't be any more Dodge Minivans. The Grand Caravan is being put out to pasture.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I was under the impression that the 6.4 would still be standard on the SRT8, and that the 6.2 SC will only be available in very limited quantities and would cost about $70K. Of course no details have been released on the SRT8 version yet. Maybe they are going to skip 2015 and hold off on the Charger SRT8 until 2016.

GTO_04

1 - 6 of 6 Posts