Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Uhm, no. The 440 six-pack was a 440 cubic inch engine with 6 carburetors on it. Cars don't come with carburetors anymore, and they don't have a 440 car engine anymore.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re:

Not to nitpick, but the 440, six-pack had three (3) two-barrel carbs, not six. Had a HS buddy w/that combo stuffed into a '69 Dart GTS, w/4spd PLUS a 200-shot NO2 bottle.... crazy car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so do you think DCX could built a fuel injected modern version of
the 440? that's what I should of said in the first place, I know about carb and fuel injected motors, my mistake.

It would be nice to see that.

·
Banned
591 Posts
The only thing you MIGHT see is the 426 HEMI. A 7.0L SBH (smallblock hemi) probobly 500-550 HP. Not that oblivious considering chevys new 427 500 HP small block. So If we see the challenger I'd bet thats what will power the SRT-8 version. Cant be the 6.1. Thats a 4dr and truck engine :D ;)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
SRT-MAN said:
so do you think DCX could built a fuel injected modern version of
the 440? that's what I should of said in the first place, I know about carb and fuel injected motors, my mistake.

It would be nice to see that.
It would have to be a completely different engine, but yes, if they wanted to they could build a 440 cubic inch V8. The old big blocks could not be brought back because Chrysler would never be able to get them emissions certified. You'd need a new design.

I wouldn't hold my breath. 383 was a better engine anyway... :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
hemidakota said:
6-pack is coming but not for the HEMI - think V-6.
And not for the Charger, I would assume? A high perf. version of the V6 is pointless when the Hemi option is there, so this must be something for another vehicle... perhaps the compact (Neon) or midsize (Stratus) replacement?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts