Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have spent hours upon hours on here reading posts about CAI and CatBack systems and on youtube trying to hear differences and find what I like. I am wanting to install a aFe Stage 2 Cold Air Intake Type Cx Pro Dry filter on my 09 R/T, either the LM1 or JBA catback and a chin spoiler.

I am getting different information from different sites. Some say 2005+, some say 2006-2008 or 2005-2008 while others may say 2005-2009. I even came across one site that says the aFe CAI will rub the hood on the 2008 models. Is this true? If so will it also rub my 09 hood?

So what have other 09 owners encountered? Do these kits and setups install without trouble or do they need to be modified to fit our cars?

Thanks

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
The exhaust systems will fit fine, the chins spoiler will fit fine.

As far as intake, you could always get the cheaper Billet Tech Frankentake and not worry about fitment issues ... :)

All exterior body stuff except tail lights will fit all 2006-2009 Chargers.

The 2009 tail lights have different locations for the mounting posts, but even that can be overcome easily by drilling one extra hole in each rear corner of the car, or by removing the extra mounting stud off the back of the lens ...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check Billet out. I am trying to find a place that will get me a good deal and I can purchase everything in 1 order.

Stage 1
CAI (As much Black as possible.. anyone ever see a black dry flow filter? If not red then)
CatBack
Catch Can (Black)
Strut Covers (Black)
Mopar Chin Spoiler (Exception since Dealer has this the cheapest I have found)

Stage 2
Deep dish with honey comb grill
Red or Chrome Charger Script and Red R/T for Grill
Black out/Painted Tail lights
SRT-8 Hood (If I can find a good deal other wise stage 3)

I have been looking at Maryland speed because they have some good deals and free shipping on some of the stuff I am looking at, but I didn't see the Frankentake listed on their site or the strut covers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts