Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
next teusday my charger rt with rt package and afe intake is going to go head to head with a LS1 trans am. I think its model is w6...tell me the truth... Am I dead? Man, I just hope my diablo predator is on my doorstep by then

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
i think u might take him im pretty sure ur lighter then him those are kinda heavy

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yes, sorry. If you had the SRT8 would make for a good race, but the R/T cant win. They have about the same HP however the TransAm is bout 1000 pounds lighter..... Have fun with it anyway, you never know, the driver could make a mistake..................

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
My moneys on the TA. LS1, Same displacement as you but a lighter car. But I however will destroy and LS1, in my black car.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
WS6 - Sorry you will lose, I dont even think a SRT would beat it..
They leave hard and pull like you cant belive..
They are also underrated from the factory, Also not very many are bone stock anymore, Just to damn easy to make them fast..

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
WS6 - Sorry you will lose, I dont even think a SRT would beat it..
They leave hard and pull like you cant belive..
They are also underrated from the factory, Also not very many are bone stock anymore, Just to damn easy to make them fast..
I agree with the fact that his R/T will go down,but I think with an srt8 it would be a drivers race. those things are quick but the srt8 is no joke. :cool: just race him for fun to see what happens but chances are you are going to lose. have fun and keep it safe.

·
Registered
898 Posts
he's gonna beat the **** out of u

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i think u might take him im pretty sure ur lighter then him those are kinda heavy
From a rolling start you would have a good chance.

The Charger will stay with or out run most things in its class; however a trans am is considerably lighter with about the same horsepower.

It having a hemi means it runs great and will hold its on but not perform miracles when running out of its class.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
youre a dead duck man...sorry to say it but its true...and a bone stock 6 spd ws6 trans am or ss camaro has a slight edge on the srt...but those cars like srt8aight said are way to easy to make sick fast...and they are that...the r/t has no shot...the srt has a shot if both are stock and the other guy cant drive...but making the drivers of these cars scared that a 4 door can keep up...well thats priceless my friends...

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
youre a dead duck man...sorry to say it but its true...and a bone stock 6 spd ws6 trans am or ss camaro has a slight edge on the srt...but those cars like srt8aight said are way to easy to make sick fast...and they are that...the r/t has no shot...the srt has a shot if both are stock and the other guy cant drive...but making the drivers of these cars scared that a 4 door can keep up...well thats priceless my friends...
Just curious - what are the bone stock 0-60 and 1/4mile times for for the WS6 and SS camaros?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just curious - what are the bone stock 0-60 and 1/4mile times for for the WS6 and SS camaros?
With a 6 speed tranny it's about 5.3 seconds. Automatic it's about 5.7 seconds.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
OK, the is SRT about 5.0 seconds, or less. Don't know where you got those times, and there might be those who dispute them (MGM, Magnesium?), but that still doesn't sound like much of an advantage to me.
What about the 1/4 mile times?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
OK, the is SRT about 5.0 seconds, or less. Don't know where you got those times, and there might be those who dispute them (MGM, Magnesium?), but that still doesn't sound like much of an advantage to me.
What about the 1/4 mile times?
they are low 13 second cars. I've heard that a few have been known to run 12's bone stock

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its in the bag , no problem. Just need to pick up a mild nitrous kit...say 125 HP or so. Small enough that you won't over stress your engine but enough power to spank that T&A....OOOH YEAH SPANK IT BABY!! SPANK THAT T AND A !!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I sold my 98 WS6 trans am for my SRT8 and I was running low 13's with minor mods. My SRT8 I think is faster overall but the WS6 was much faster off the line. Ask him what mods he has done to it.

So unless you think you have a low 13 second car or the other driver is bad then you will probably loose.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I sold my 98 WS6 trans am for my SRT8 and I was running low 13's with minor mods. My SRT8 I think is faster overall but the WS6 was much faster off the line. Ask him what mods he has done to it.

So unless you think you have a low 13 second car or the other driver is bad then you will probably loose.
and 98 was the slowest year for the LS1's. I think he's gonna eat you up bro, unless he's stock and you're sprayin

1 - 20 of 142 Posts