Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Yes, guys have run the 255/55/18's on their stock RT wheels. Its the largest you can go on those wheels. I saw a guys ride that had BF's in that size on his stock wheels. They bulged a little, but looked really good

Try treadepot.com. I found 275/40/20's Toyo Proxes 4's for $130.
They seemed to be the cheapest website for tires. Only $9 shipping per tire when I ordered last week

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
You might consider these also. BFG 245/55-18, which are the same diameter.
Very smooth, whisper quiet, and they stick like glue. I have them on my Magnum. Fantastic tire.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am also looking for tires for my Daytona!
We should get a group buy going on them.
Here is a good tool:
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

I found the best match for the 235/55/18 would be 255/50/18 -Gives you the same diamiter at 28.1 inches, but just a bit wider from 9.3 inches th 10 inches.

I have seen 255/55/18 and they do fill the wheel well nice (29 inches tall) but - "When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 61.8mph (99.5km/h): 3% faster."

·
Registered
281 Posts
You might consider these also. BFG 245/55-18, which are the same diameter.
Very smooth, whisper quiet, and they stick like glue. I have them on my Magnum. Fantastic tire.
245/55-18 is (28.6'') or (1.7%) taller
When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 61mph (98.2km/h): 1.7% faster

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
or use your diablo to change tire size and then it will be 0.0% faster :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
or use your diablo to change tire size and then it will be 0.0% faster :)
Thanks! We could use your Diablo?:smoke:
Your the best!:grin:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
255/55ZR18s...Eagle F1 GS-D3

here's a few pics of my tires... oh, and my sppedo reads 0.0% faster with the Superchips, except you have to set the tire size to 28 inches, not 29. The Superchips reads the OEM tire size as 27 inches, not 28. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
So, what did you decide on?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, what did you decide on?
the ones i initially posted. i have a flashpaq, so the difference in the speedometer will not be a problem and $157 a tire isn't bad at all, especially with free lifetime rotations and only $75 for the install. discount tire rocks! i will be posting pics and a review as part of my mod extravaganza thread sometime next week.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Toyo Proxes S/t

I just put on Toyo PROXES S/T 255/50-18 about 1100 miles ago.. ([email protected])

Although they are labelled as "sport truck" tires, I have no other complaints. They are very good in the wet, and the handling is fantastic! I recommend this tire to anyone.

Glenn

well apparently BFG no longer makes those tires, yet disounttire keeps them on their website anyway. :dead:

these have been ordered as a replacement:
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...cs=255&pc=32454&rd=18&ar=55&tc=GENRH2&rf=true

·
Registered
611 Posts
I just had Toyo Versado's put on - 245/50/18 They are GREAT!! Look good and handle awesome in the rain too :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
well apparently BFG no longer makes those tires, yet disounttire keeps them on their website anyway. :dead:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...cs=255&pc=32454&rd=18&ar=55&tc=GENRH2&rf=true
Well, let us know what you think of them as you roll with your new tires. I haven't heard of anyone running these so it would be interesting to know how they handle.

I've had my F1 GS-D3s since August 3rd, and I'm lovin' them!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

"Shallow slots, varying groove angles and increased pattern depth offer good performance on light off-road conditions."

That was in their description on the website and all the reviewers were SUV's and p/u trucks.

Just sayin it might not be what you are expecting compared to your 1st choice.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
245/55-18 is (28.6'') or (1.7%) taller
When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 61mph (98.2km/h): 1.7% faster
But as the tyre wears out, the speedo starts to become more accurate - that's why I went for the 255/55/R18's.........

These are those tyres fitted to my rims....

The only issue I had with these tyres is a small amount of rubbing when at full lock, going in reverse - however, as I very rarely do that, I ignored it. :)

They are a good tyre - although my set was a little tricky to balance (I had one tyre that was giving a slightly high result in the road force test). Also, there's a little road noise over some types of road surface, which sounds slightly like wheel bearing hum, but it's not that bad.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
But as the tyre wears out, the speedo starts to become more accurate - that's why I went for the 255/55/R18's.........

These are those tyres fitted to my rims....

The only issue I had with these tyres is a small amount of rubbing when at full lock, going in reverse - however, as I very rarely do that, I ignored it. :)

They are a good tyre - although my set was a little tricky to balance (I had one tyre that was giving a slightly high result in the road force test). Also, there's a little road noise over some types of road surface, which sounds slightly like wheel bearing hum, but it's not that bad.
Glad you mentioned that humming noise...I too had that with MY F1 GS-D3s, and also thought the same thing. I had never had a high performance summer tire before! Road noise is definitely there but at WOT you don't hear it at all! All it takes is a little music on the stereo...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts