Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i have an 07 charger r/t, only mod being a custom type brylocream i think is what you call it basically removed the luggage case muffler....

anyways at wot especiall 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd at WOT shifts it makes a real funny sound like a miss or something not sure... the exhaust tone just gets really wierd sounding lol hard to explain.... any ideas? this only occurs at wot and when the car shifts

·
Registered
330 Posts
yes i have an 07 charger r/t, only mod being a custom type brylocream i think is what you call it basically removed the luggage case muffler....

anyways at wot especiall 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd at WOT shifts it makes a real funny sound like a miss or something not sure... the exhaust tone just gets really wierd sounding lol hard to explain.... any ideas? this only occurs at wot and when the car shifts
I've never heard someones car with this mod, but here's a wild a$$ guess.

At WOT, the car basically dumps the throttle when it changes gears, could you be hearing a change in exhaust note due to the throttle dropping off so drastically at gear change?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
perhaps but it just doesnt sound healthy at all.... kinda like a rattling noise with in the exhaust ... its not the exhaust work its self it done this before the mod i beleave but where the car is louder now it is more noticible... car doesnt even have 2500 miles on it or so

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats a good guess i suppose that drop of the throttle is a drive by wire thing im sure as where a regular cable drive system when its to the floor the cable is pulled resulting in wot regardless ... drive by wire being controlled by ecu it probably does drop drastically at shift changes.... hrrm good thinking

anyone else have this issue or any ideas?

·
Registered
330 Posts
thats a good guess i suppose that drop of the throttle is a drive by wire thing im sure as where a regular cable drive system when its to the floor the cable is pulled resulting in wot regardless ... drive by wire being controlled by ecu it probably does drop drastically at shift changes.... hrrm good thinking

anyone else have this issue or any ideas?
It's a function of Torque Management, meant to prolong the life of the transmission.

I've heard rattles in exhaust before when reved and getting off the throttle. I haven't noticed it at gear change, but just an idea.

May be check with an exhaust shop? Where did you get it done?

Good luck.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i doubt its the exhaust work the guy that did the work does very good work.... and has done alot of work for me in the past.... not even sure how that would be the issue.... but yeah the torque managment may be the issue for softer shifts ... i dunno....

·
Registered
185 Posts
sound at WOT

Yeah man, that's the brylcream sound. Mine started to do that after a while as well. There are a few people that complained about it months back. Nobody knew exactly what it was, but the people that complained all had that mod in common. It a good excuse to break down and pick up a header/exhaust kit.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good excuse to get my cutouts :lol: yeah it is kinda anoying took a friend for a ride today and he was like wtf is that... and you should never get a wtf is that in a 35,000 car :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts