Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The next time your significant other tells you that you're wasting time cleaning and waxing/polishing etc. the Charger tell them this story.

I normally check on my car a few times a day as it is parked outside my office window. How I missed the miscreant who was painting the side of the gas station adjacent to my lot with white paint I don't know.
You can guess the rest. I wont post pictures of the bespeckled previously freshly waxed and cleaned black Charger as some of you with weak stomachs will lose your dinners.
The old me would have exploded in a fit of rage. I was a little better controlled as I inspected my now customized polka dot Charger. One of a kind.
Anyway, it seems that the nine thousand coats of wax along with the finishing spray I put on the car Sunday did their jobs. Most of the paint flicked off the well coated surface and the station owner paid for two trips through the car wash which got even more off. I really did not want to run the car through but I didn't want to wait until I got home. I got the rest of the spots with claybar. I'll have to look in the light tomorrow to see if anything is left.
In contrast, our work truck was right in the fallout zone. That badboy hasn't seen a coat of wax since Clinton was finding interesting uses for his cigar in the oval office. The paint adhered to the hood and sides of the truck and no way is that coming off without some special attention. Gas station owner knows he's on the hook. The trucks got a few free oil changes coming this year.
So, it seems that a little extra care on the weekend paid off as hopefully there is no lasting paint damage on the Charger. Downside is I had to rush through the cleaning job before it got dark tonight and I had done such a perfect job on it last Sunday.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Free paint job, cool.
This one would have freaked you out. Looked like a marshmellow exploded all over the front and side of the car.
Damn car was so "greasy" the paint couldn't even stick.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Yeah wax isn't always the best bet, Theres better products but wax is definately better than nothing! Anything water-based I try not to use (99.9 % of all waxes)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah wax isn't always the best bet, Theres better products but wax is definately better than nothing! Anything water-based I try not to use (99.9 % of all waxes)
i'm calling it wax but what i had used that Sunday was more of a product that seemed similar to Zaino's polish (more like oil based) and not actual wax. Tonight I was in a hurry to get it cleaned up and i went with some good old Mothers. I'll have to get that all off sometime and go back to the other stuff.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
i'm calling it wax but what i had used that Sunday was more of a product that seemed similar to Zaino's polish (more like oil based) and not actual wax. Tonight I was in a hurry to get it cleaned up and i went with some good old Mothers. I'll have to get that all off sometime and go back to the other stuff.
what do you use? I have a buddy with some vettes and a 1997 truck that uses Blue Ribbon and all of his cars (and all 3 are over 10 years old) look BRAND new and then some.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
"Rich conditioning oils" are contained in my product. Know what you are using! Do you want protection with that dazzling shine?
The second most expensive purchase in a normal household that needs lots of maintenance.
Then again, maybe it's the third if you have a wife. :nervous s

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
"Rich conditioning oils" are contained in my product. Know what you are using! Do you want protection with that dazzling shine?
The second most expensive purchase in a normal household that needs lots of maintenance.
Then again, maybe it's the third if you have a wife. :nervous s
girlfriends too.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what do you use? I have a buddy with some vettes and a 1997 truck that uses Blue Ribbon and all of his cars (and all 3 are over 10 years old) look BRAND new and then some.
Started with the illustrious Zaino. Recently I got some stuff fromGriot's garage i really like - their spray on wax is excellent. The polish they sell seems to be very similar to Zaino but much harder to apply and remove. Seems like it would work better with an oribtal. I also noticed that their spray on wax does not seem to be compatible with convential waxes like Mothers as it leaves spots. When using their product the spray wax seems to really shine.
I basically try something new every once in a while to see what i like.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't get how someone can paint on someone elses car, and not notice.
Looks like he didn't account for the wind - or he was just a d$%ckhead who didn't care. Good thing he was already gone when I got out there.
Let me see if I can give you more insight into this guy's skills. The owner told me he also cut the phone lines in the shop while he was clearing the wall and roof of vines. he didn't happen to mention it and they didn't know until they realized they were not getting any calls that afternoon.
I got a look at the guy a few days ago while he was clambering around on the roof. Not exactly what you would call skilled labor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.