Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does search not work for anyone? Every other thread is "what exhaust should i put on?" I dunno maybe I'm being anal but this section is so cluttered with these threads I can't find stuff I really want to look at. Try a search before you post....

Sorry don't mean to be mean about it.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Lots of different options, that's why. From loud to quiet, and from functional to unfunctional performancewise.
Also quality is a big thing you should consider when shopping for a kit.

The reason of lots of talk about it, is because it's the most common talk around the V6rs. Everyone wants a nice exhaust sound along with performance.
We don't have a lot of mods for the V6 family comparing to the V8s.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
both of you have legit points.

on one side, many of the posts revolve around the "whats the best exhaust, i dont want this that and that, but want that that and this".

many of the replies are the same, with one or two more replies from those who just got their exhaust.

on the other hand, being that there are new people daily, most will not bother to search or simply read the first page before posting. just part of ANY forum.

i do agree that its a common topic.... but being that its a common topic, there should already been more than enough posts.

Something to think about, brah....

part of the reason we dont have parts is that theres little to no talk about actual performance mods, outside of intake and exhaust.

for vendors and large companies that may read the boards, theres no reason to make parts like cams, ignition amps, throttle bodies, modified intake manifolds, etc... if the market only demands those worried about how their exhaust sounds.

just some ideas on dat...:)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Lots of different options, that's why. From loud to quiet, and from functional to unfunctional performancewise.
Also quality is a big thing you should consider when shopping for a kit.

The reason of lots of talk about it, is because it's the most common talk around the V6rs. Everyone wants a nice exhaust sound along with performance.
We don't have a lot of mods for the V6 family comparing to the V8s.
yup outside of exhaust, headers and intake there is not much. I think few have tried chips, but with mixed reviews. but everything else available is just to make the car look good for the most part. And there is nothing wrong with looking good :)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Something to think about, brah....

part of the reason we dont have parts is that theres little to no talk about actual performance mods, outside of intake and exhaust.

for vendors and large companies that may read the boards, theres no reason to make parts like cams, ignition amps, throttle bodies, modified intake manifolds, etc... if the market only demands those worried about how their exhaust sounds.

just some ideas on dat...:)
also for anyone trying to make any real POWER and or TORQ until somebody figures out how to hack into hal for tuning its just cheaper to drop in a hemi with heads cam ect. If we were able to fully reprogram the pcm like other venders turbos would be a great option and performance would be great once weight is factored in IMHO :)

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
also for anyone trying to make any real POWER and or TORQ until somebody figures out how to hack into hal for tuning its just cheaper to drop in a hemi with heads cam ect. If we were able to fully reprogram the pcm like other venders turbos would be a great option and performance would be great once weight is factored in IMHO :)
totally correct, couldnt agree more on reprogramming...

not to sure about cheaper to drop in a hemi though, it can be done, but prices will vary, especially on where you get em from.

no one as of yet, has even attempted a cam for the 3.5L, but being this is a relatively new forum, people are still learning the cars as you said. theres a few more mods that are boltons, that would be beneficial without going the route of forced induction though, in my view at least.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Ironically, this is yet another exhaust thread ;)

I think it's one of the most popular mods because our V6 Chargers come with that open space on the rear bumper just screaming for a dual exhast :p Easy to forget about this once you fill it with one of the many systems out there.

Vrroom, vrroom.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
totally correct, couldnt agree more on reprogramming...

not to sure about cheaper to drop in a hemi though, it can be done, but prices will vary, especially on where you get em from.

no one as of yet, has even attempted a cam for the 3.5L, but being this is a relatively new forum, people are still learning the cars as you said. theres a few more mods that are boltons, that would be beneficial without going the route of forced induction though, in my view at least.
also the 3.5 has been around a long time and I have seen one supercharger for the prowler but not much of anything else worthwhile. and with a another family of v6 engines in the works i doubt it will change. atleast one person has done the hemi swap for less than 7 grand If I remeber correct.
I doubt heads and cam on a v6 is going to make that much horsepower in comparison without alot of computer work if at all IMHO .

but this is still a good topic to talk about, maybe someone will speak of something nobody else has heard about .

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'd rather have people discuss old topics than have no topics at all. Sometimes it's pretty quiet on this board and I'd like to hear some new takes on some old questions. As time goes by more and more people have done the mods and more people have input.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I'd rather have people discuss old topics than have no topics at all. Sometimes it's pretty quiet on this board and I'd like to hear some new takes on some old questions. As time goes by more and more people have done the mods and more people have input.

its good to discuss old topics, true, but i think the point he was getting at is that their are already posts discussing those topics.

now discussing new topics, things to come, to me seem more exciting:grin:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mr Tsunami made a good point. WHen exhaust discussions are 99% about sound vs actual performance, manufactures who make internals and other parts at times dont have much interest in making parts which require alot of R&D.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its good to discuss old topics, true, but i think the point he was getting at is that their are already posts discussing those topics.

now discussing new topics, things to come, to me seem more exciting:grin:
This is what I'm talking about, also Exhaust Depot makes another good point, the threads are about sound and rarely about gains and performance when exhaust is the issue. Yes, i know this is kind of a pointless thread but Samoan Tsunami brings up very good points. Lets start talking about real performance mods and get these vendors thinking about stuff that will give us true gains instead of a "better sounding exhaust." The interest needs to be there for these things for vendors to take us serious enough to make the products. All I'm saying is use the search for exhaust and post new threads about other topics to generate interest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts