Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Scat Pack and I’ve always wondered why it’s called an R/T scat pack and has an R/T badge in the back. It bothers me dodge does that because the scat pack has nothing in common with the r/t’s. Different brakes, different suspension, different standard body styles, different ENGINE! Anyone have any insight on why dodge does this?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Why don’t you get angry about it or something? Seem like the type of person to bash a v6 Charger bc you have a big bad 392.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
55CF62AB-3356-49DD-ABE6-4645696CFB4F.gif

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
The original scat packs were RTs. Hence why they’re called scat pack RT

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Far from sensitive. But when using “!” And caps When asking questions comes off stern and douchey.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Some elaboration here:

"Introduced in 1968, the Dodge Scat Pack beefed up the brand’s muscle cars with powerful engines, thunderous exhaust notes, and record-breaking quarter-mile times. Dodge revived the Scat Pack in 2015 as an option for its four-door Charger sport sedan and Challenger sports coupe.

Today, the Charger R/T Scat Pack is one of 10 trims available on the Dodge Charger. (The others are SXT, GT, SXT Plus, GT Plus, R/T, Daytona, Daytona 392, SRT 392, and SRT Hellcat.) Available in more than a dozen trims, the Dodge Challenger comes with two Scat Pack options: the R/T Scat Pack and the 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker.

The Scat Pack slots nicely between the already-powerful R/T and the thunderous Hellcat. The whole idea of the Scat Pack is to get maximum horsepower for a low price. Dodge scores on that point. You would have to spend thousands more to get a similar number of ponies from most other brands."

Don

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm a new owner of Dodge and never paid much attention to designations until after I bought it. Whether it's called an R/T or R/T Scat Pack or for that matter a Daytona or Daytona 392 is not anything too upsetting. Then you have the GT resembles a Scat Pack. And so forth..

In all honesty by the time people debadge, upbadge, replace 392 with 6.4L or replace Hemi with 345 . . . . Who knows what is under the hood or what the cars roots started out as.

But the question is interesting.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm guessing you are also wondering why it is not a Scat Pack SRT? That would not work well as it would then be a downgraded SRT. Who'd want to pay for a "downgrade". Better that a person is paying more for an upgraded level.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I own an SRT and it has a few more options then a Scat Pack but I'd also say that a Scat Pack is probably a much better bang for the buck then the SRT. About the only difference is the ability to change the suspension (and shift points) on the SRT. It is really pointless 99.99% of the time. I also think the Scat Pack branding is much better then the SRTs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm guessing you are also wondering why it is not a Scat Pack SRT? That would not work well as it would then be a downgraded SRT. Who'd want to pay for a "downgrade". Better that a person is paying more for an upgraded level.
I’m not wondering that question at all. I just thought it was weird R/T was attached to this car even tho it’s completely different than the r/t’s. Confused on the relation

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I own an SRT and it has a few more options then a Scat Pack but I'd also say that a Scat Pack is probably a much better bang for the buck then the SRT. About the only difference is the ability to change the suspension (and shift points) on the SRT. It is really pointless 99.99% of the time. I also think the Scat Pack branding is much better then the SRTs.
I agree, minimal upgrades but much higher cost for the srt

·
Registered
244 Posts
I’m not wondering that question at all. I just thought it was weird R/T was attached to this car even tho it’s completely different than the r/t’s. Confused on the relation
I don't think they are all that different. They are all Dodge Chargers (SXT, GT, RT, SRT, etc.). A Scat Pack based on the RT just with the larger engine (and most people call the RT Scat Pack a Scat Pack), just like the SRT Hellcat is an SRT with a upgraded engine/drive train (and most people call it a Hellcat). The Hellcat does not have an SRT engine by any means... .but it is still an SRT Hellcat. I think it is a way to avoid having 20 different Dodge Chargers and instead basing one on another existing model.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts