Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found it for 350 bucks for the full cat back. i believe its bolt on and it comes with everything. this is the only website i've even found the kit on, so it could be somewhere else even cheaper. this is almost the same price as some of the CAI's or just some mufflers and tips. is there something wrong with this exhaust system that i should know about?? does it sound good? thanks

http://www.completeexhaust.com/product_info.php?products_id=2669

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody knows anything about this??? i did some research and theres like 2 ppl on here who have it.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i dont know a thing about it other than that i think the Cherry Bomb brand is more of an older school brand.... thats about all i know :(

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
My question for you would be...what are they using for pipe stainless or something else

·
Registered
928 Posts
its been my experience that cherrybomb is cheap stuff. usually glasspacks and the like for just making a lot of god awefull noise. trucks and imports that just want to go HEY LOOK AT ME!!!! are the only places ive seen em.

not sure about a whole cat back though. but the fact that it doesnt say anything about it other than add to cart makes me wonder too. Its usually been my experience that you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My question for you would be...what are they using for pipe stainless or something else
sry plum i cant figure that one out, but i can tell yall that this system does not have an X pipe, and it does not hook up to the stock X pipe. it comes straight back from the cats w/ no x or H. i dk how bad that would be.

i found the same exact thing on this site for 710 dollars. so i think the first site would be a good deal.....

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_768955_-1

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
if you do indeed get those. i would highly advise chopping them pipes with a sawz all so that they fit into place in front of your current x-pipe( i dont know why they wouldnt if you do this).

the xpipe balances out your exhaust and helps with performance.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
i found it for 350 bucks for the full cat back. i believe its bolt on and it comes with everything.

The $350 price is on the lower end of exhaust prices for the LX's. I got the JBA cat back for my MagnumSRT for $350.

I spent even less $ for the Flowmaster Super 40's and the Blastin Bob's resonator delete pipes for my Super Bee SRT.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did alot of research before I bought my catback because I was afraid of it being obnoxiuosly loud(some may like that, I don't for a daily driver, but to each his own) and having drone, especially with the MDS. Talked to Cherry Bomb on the phone, seemed to be the product I wanted, (no drone, awesome rumble), and the Meineke by my house ordered and installed it for $500+. They sound exactly like the sound clip of the Daytona on Youtube.com, which is the sound I was shooting for. Passed the wife and daughter test. What more can I ask for?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
It is less expensive because it is NOT stainless like the others. Loudness depends on the mufflers , as always, I have the Vortex on my R/T and it was as quiet as the tunaboat mod. SRTBEE has the little PRO mufflers I believe, and his Bee is loud. Those ones he has are like 9 inches long. The Vortex have some fiber packing and peferated baffles inside.

Scott

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey thanks a lot for all the responses!

fire-charger- is the cherry bomb that you have the same system that is in the link that i posted? because it seems that there are a few different configurations. this mod is beginning to look better by the minute.

to anyone else- is it important for an exhaust to be stainless? wouldnt that just make it heavier? what are the common problems for aluminized exhausts?

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey thanks a lot for all the responses!

fire-charger- is the cherry bomb that you have the same system that is in the link that i posted? because it seems that there are a few different configurations. this mod is beginning to look better by the minute.

to anyone else- is it important for an exhaust to be stainless? wouldnt that just make it heavier? what are the common problems for aluminized exhausts?
I went to the website you posted and it definitely looks like my exact setup. Great price!!! But not sure how reputable the company is, never heard of them. Maybe other members can tell you if they ever used this company and their experience. Otherwise; you can always call up and get a feel for the people your dealing with before you order from them.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alright cool. i'd definitely call them before i order anything. how much louder is your exhaust than it was stock?? like at WOT would you say its twice as loud? or is it the same just deeper?

·
Registered
50 Posts
alright cool. i'd definitely call them before i order anything. how much louder is your exhaust than it was stock?? like at WOT would you say its twice as loud? or is it the same just deeper?
Idle is just as quiet as stock, but when you get on it, it has one mean rumble. Not only louder than stock(which I thought was real quiet because of the resonators) but an all around better sound. No drone and nice growl when you turn the key. Deep and throaty at cruising speed. Can't go anywhere without someone telling me how great the sound is or asking me what exhaust I have.(Even got complimented by a few neighbors, believe it or not). I wish I had a sound clip for you but don't at the moment, however; as I stated earlier, it sounds just like the soundclip on Youtube of the Red Daytona R/T. Hope I could help.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright, thanks for the great reply! That youtube video did sound pretty great. I just don't understand why everyone is buying 1000 dollar exhausts and ignoring this one. For 350 bucks, I think I might have to get myself an early Christmas present lol.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts