Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just brought a v6 for 6000 why are most chargers so cheap even srt-8 is not very cheap but its not expensive.

seems dodge dont hold there value i guess not sure why....

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The 2.7 liter? Yeah, a 2.7 liter engine in a car that weighs two tons is not going to retain its value very well. The 3.5 isn't really anything special by its-self, and even R/Ts don't retain value well. Daytonas, SRT8s, and Superbees seem to retain value the best seeing as they're "special".

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Ummm was it an 80k 2.7 charger?

Tgat would explain the cheap price. My R/T was 27k and my dads sublime was 32k new. The rt is maby worth 18k and the daytona 22-25. It's not that bad really.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was actually a 3.5 with 40k miles on it but I saw a srt-8 for 18 grand and it had about 55k i mean i feel like i brought it for so much and now its worth i dont know everything you buy eventually loses its value just wish not as fast as the charger.

i dont know what i am saying lol

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I think Chrysler going bankrupt has people afraid to buy them... some places seem to be practically giving them away.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Are you 100% sure it's not a flood car? A buddy of mine got a red magnum R&T for like 15k and it had electrical problems so bad he got rid of it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think Chrysler going bankrupt has people afraid to buy them... some places seem to be practically giving them away.
Thats what Im thinking. The parts guy at my local dealer had a brief convo about it with me. He said that Chrysler parts were going to made cheaper priced higher and harder to find. Pretty much speaking of exterior/body parts. As far as engine parts all he said was they wont be stocked heavy and more parts would be remanufactured like a Auto Zone or sumn. He went on to say something about the brakes on the SRT8 were German made and that was a big mistake because American made would have the same quality but cheaper further putting Chrysler in the hole. I think he said Brembo or sumn like dat........I dunno. He gave me alot of info but I couldnt register it all.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Back in 08 i got my 07 for about $17k after taxs the SE is fairly cheap cause it basic, no fogs, no mygig, no sunroof, no leather seats and probably alot more things that i missed.

·
Registered
989 Posts
My 2.7 is worth $9,000 now...and I owe wayyy more than that. I want to trade her in maybe for a cheaper RT...Could I do that??

·
Registered
989 Posts
^^really??

·
Registered
968 Posts
You can't use the cash for clunkers program.

First, no chargers qualify as their gas mileage is too poor, even the 2.7L. Second, it makes zero sense to turn in car worth $9k when you'll get back only a $3500 or $4500 credit. You'll be out $5,500 or $6,500 in trade in value.

Now, realistically you might be able to find a new 2008 or 2009 RT for $22-25k... though the incentives are not nearly as good now as they were a few months ago. What you could do is buy an RT, and roll in what you are upside-down on the SE. If you could do this for $25k or less I'd say it's not a bad idea. Otherwise I'd pass if I were you.

·
Registered
989 Posts
^^will my payments be crazy high? or is it a good idea to save maybe 3 or 4k before i start looking?

·
Registered
919 Posts
it was actually a 3.5 with 40k miles on it but I saw a srt-8 for 18 grand and it had about 55k i mean i feel like i brought it for so much and now its worth i dont know everything you buy eventually loses its value just wish not as fast as the charger.

i dont know what i am saying lol
Part of it is the economy, part of it is uncertainty about Chryslers future. Every car has dropped in value due to demand. Whoever is selling that Charger for 6K is an idiot. I have an 06 3.5 w/ 53,000 miles and I wouldn't sell for less than 10K. The one your friend is thinking about may be a salvage or repo. I wouldn't trust that low of a price. Somethings wrong.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts