Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day on a quiet night in arizona i decided to test the 0-60 timer. bit perturbed to post 2 times of 7.1xx seconds.
car is totally stock r/t with r&t package.
temp outside was 97f and have a full tank of gas.
is it the new 2.65 axle thats has slowed the 09 down by 2 seconds, the air temp or something else.
also had the traction control off
not very familiar with getting a good start with an auto box.
would a fast start normally be done by holding on the brake and launching at about 4000?
havent done that....just been booting the throttle from idle

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I know the 09s have a slow start compared to older years but they pull hard at the end.
Raced one at the track and i take him off the line everytime but he pulls like a MOFO at the end.
Also try lauching at around 1500rpms

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 09 and I pull a 5.4 all day. I do have the predator though not sure how much that has helped :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
You should be seeing times in the mid 5's. Did you get a lot of wheel spin when launching?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Could be the heat? What is yoru engine temp when you are doing this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not getting any wheelspin. just taking foot off the brake and onto the gas from idle. water and oil temps around the 200 mark. could the predator make such a big difference or is it all down to the launch?
will give it another run tonight

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I've gotten a 5.2 last time I did a 0-60 run and I'm still bone stock. I think every car is different in some way. You should at least get what Dodge says it get which is 5.7sec.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
A mid 5 0-60 should be attainable, without even touching a diablo. Are you just mashing the pedal from a stop or power braking?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
not getting any wheelspin. just taking foot off the brake and onto the gas from idle. water and oil temps around the 200 mark. could the predator make such a big difference or is it all down to the launch?
will give it another run tonight
Its the hot weather bro, I thought my car was slow to but that cause i was always out in about 95-100 degree weather this summer, wait till it cools down to around 60-70 and then try it, it makes a huge difference, and also get a predator and a 180 t-stat, it will make a huge difference. When are engines become heat soked they tend to run really sluggish, but when the temp is cool it takes off like a bat out of hell. Hope i was helpful :beerchug:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Its the hot weather bro, I thought my car was slow to but that cause i was always out in about 95-100 degree weather this summer, wait till it cools down to around 60-70 and then try it, it makes a huge difference, and also get a predator and a 180 t-stat, it will make a huge difference. When are engines become heat soked they tend to run really sluggish, but when the temp is cool it takes off like a bat out of hell. Hope i was helpful :beerchug:
Yep, 180 T-stat with Predator cooling fan tune.
Hemi hates heat!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
x2

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone, will wait til it gets a lot cooler then, something to look forward to about winter at least!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
It's a pig when heat soaked. Try it again with a cool engine, you'll see a big diff. Cold air makes it run like a wilda beast in heat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought my car in late spring when temps were already in the hundreds. A few days ago I was in San Diego where the temps were 65-78. It felt like somebody installed a supercharger in my car. I have the 180TS and diablo so I never felt like my car was sluggish even when it was 115 outside. But temps under the 80's turned the car into a neck snapping beast. The long road trip also opened up my newish zoomers exhaust a bit.
I noticed at least 3 other top bananas in san diego and there was a sublime green one at Sea World on 09-15-09.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
But temps under the 80's turned the car into a neck snapping beast.
you should try 30°F :) Last winter I got on it with my 18 wheels (stock R/T RSA), with a cool engine and predator. I backed off "slightly" to avoid an early 1-2 shift. It stopped spinning before the shift and I was full throttle at the shift, and man it hit hard and sent the rear end sideways, LOL. I was giggling like a school girl :) THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I bought my car in late spring when temps were already in the hundreds. A few days ago I was in San Diego where the temps were 65-78. It felt like somebody installed a supercharger in my car. I have the 180TS and diablo so I never felt like my car was sluggish even when it was 115 outside. But temps under the 80's turned the car into a neck snapping beast. The long road trip also opened up my newish zoomers exhaust a bit.
I noticed at least 3 other top bananas in san diego and there was a sublime green one at Sea World on 09-15-09.
Yeah it has been in the 100`s most of the summer up here in Reno, so the last couple days when it has been getting down to 65-70 at night my car has been running like a bat out of hell haha! It sucks we live in places where it is really hot in the summer :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
34 Posts
the other day on a quiet night in arizona i decided to test the 0-60 timer. bit perturbed to post 2 times of 7.1xx seconds.
car is totally stock r/t with r&t package.
temp outside was 97f and have a full tank of gas.
is it the new 2.65 axle thats has slowed the 09 down by 2 seconds, the air temp or something else.
also had the traction control off
not very familiar with getting a good start with an auto box.
would a fast start normally be done by holding on the brake and launching at about 4000?
havent done that....just been booting the throttle from idle
Well first of all a 7.1 is not 2 seconds slower than past years. I have a 2007 r/t daytona. The regular '07 r/t is rated at 5.9-6.0. Chances are when they were running those times they had about a quarter tank of gas as opposed to full, which would take off an easy 100lbs of excess weight and probably a few tenths of a sec. Secondly running it in that summer heat was easily adding time to that. And finally I have found to run slightly better taking off from a 1500rpm rev rather than just gunning it from an idle. So next time you try it have around a quarter tank, do it in cooler temps (60-70F), and rev to 1500rpms before you take off, if your tires spin alot try a little less than 1500. Chances are you will run closer to high 5's that way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the encouraging news. i will wait for the cooler nights with great anticipation now!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I can't wait for cooler weather. I couldn't believe the difference made last fall with the dropping temperaturs :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts