Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, here we go.

Another drunk post from Mr. FLEXY:

So we (Me & FoXXXy) went to a wedding yesterday. The ceremony starts at 1:00pm, and we arrive at 12:50pm. There are two parking lots near the church, close to full but not quite, and a HUGE parking lot nearby, which is empty.

So naturally I head to the empty lot and park on an angle taking up two spots. Blistering hot day and we walk all the way to the church in our dress clothes.

Well, at some point I turn around and notice a Ford F150 parked suspicisously close to the Charger. OK, we're talking about an EMPTY lot that would hold about 250 cars, and this guy parks right next to me.

That isn't the end to this story: when the wedding is done I go to fetch the Charger, and some piece of crap honda accord is squished between my Charger and the Ford. WTF???

WHY?????

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
jealousy. You are judged by the company you keep. The honda wanted to look good to his lil honda friends.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
OK, here we go.

So we (Me & FoXXXy) went to a wedding yesterday. The ceremony starts at 1:00pm, and we arrive at 12:50pm. There are two parking lots near the church, close to full but not quite, and a HUGE parking lot nearby, which is empty.

So naturally I head to the empty lot and park on an angle taking up two spots. Blistering hot day and we walk all the way to the church in our dress clothes.

Well, at some point I turn around and notice a Ford F150 parked suspicisously close to the Charger. OK, we're talking about an EMPTY lot that would hold about 250 cars, and this guy parks right next to me.

That isn't the end to this story: when the wedding is done I go to fetch the Charger, and some piece of crap honda accord is squished between my Charger and the Ford. WTF???

WHY?????
He probably figured it was the safest place to park. He was probably thinking that if he parked in between 2 nicer cars someone would mess with those before they messed with his.
I could be way off though.....:knockout:

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
OK, here we go.

WHY?????
haha, u r silly but right...Normally when I go to the grocery store, or anywhere that has a parking lot...I would park no way near anyone...I would basically park so far that it would take me a while to walk into the store...but yet someone always manages to park right next to you...I just cant get why they do this....back when I was living in new york...id get on the subway early in the morning heading to work....the one cart could hold about 50 people, and there would be about 5-10 people scattered among the whole cart, but yet someone sits right next to me...and they get mad when i get up and move...

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Right you are Bones! And - neither car door is going to swing into his little POS honda, and he knows it. Next time, park on a far end of the lot so that only one car can get next to you, preferrably the far right. That way the driver's side door opens on the side opposite of yours. Only if they have passengers will you have to worry.

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha, u r silly but right
No sure why I am silly...

I go out of my way to park as far away from the riff raff as possible...

But some goof always parks next to me.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Time to bring some police tape, orange cones and a fake chalk-oultine with you everywhere. Just put the outline down, put the cones up and tie the tape to the cones and to your mirror. And, of course, park with one side up against the curb at the end of the lot. Bet no one would park over the chalk outline. :smoke:

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jealousy. You are judged by the company you keep. The honda wanted to look good to his lil honda friends.
LOL. You kill me! :lol:

Honda's have friends??????????????????

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Time to bring some police tape, orange cones and a fake chalk-oultine with you everywhere. Just put the outline down, put the cones up and tie the tape to the cones and to your mirror. And, of course, park with one side up against the curb at the end of the lot. Bet no one would park over the chalk outline. :smoke:
SOUNDS CRAZY BUT IT JUST MIGHT WORK! :)

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
'taint nothin silly about it. Keep the mouthbreathers as far away as possible.
In Detroit last weekend, saw some poopoo beaatch in a focus talking on her cell phone trying to pull out of a parallel parking spot. Smacked a beautiful black Mark VIII behind her while backing up with an audible crunch. It didn't even register with her (stopped at a light right next to her) and she simply kept talking on her phone and pulled out and away. This guy must have come back to his cherry black early 90's vintage Lincoln Mark VII to find the damage this braindead ho inflicted on his ride. Pisses me off (can ya tell?)

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
this is a sure winner....park next to an island...and while doing so park in the middle of 2 spaces....there is no way anyone can really park near you...they can park next to u but not close enough :p

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pisses me off (can ya tell?)
Yep. And rightly so.

When I was in University I saw this chick try to park and she took the side off this car. She reversed out, and parked in a different lot. Well guess what? I saw the whole thing and reported it to campus police. Imagine if the poor sap came out and saw his (or most likely his parents) car ruined? Some would call me a snitch, but I think I did the right thing.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
If you take up 2 spots, there will surely be someone who thinks you're an a$$hole for doing so, and park as close to you as possible. if they have a beater (hoopty) they might even consider swinging their door wide to do some damage just to 'teach you a lesson'.
Assume everyone else on the road or in a parking lot is an idiot and you can't go wrong. you will be proven right time and time again.

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you take up 2 spots, there will surely be someone who thinks you're an a$$hole for doing so, and park as close to you as possible. if they have a beater (hoopty) they might even consider swinging their door wide to do some damage just to 'teach you a lesson'.
Assume everyone else on the road or in a parking lot is an idiot and you can't go wrong. you will be proven right time and time again.
But when I'm the only car in a 250 car parking lot?????

The guys was a goof. For sure.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Yep. And rightly so.

When I was in University I saw this chick try to park and she took the side off this car. She reversed out, and parked in a different lot. Well guess what? I saw the whole thing and reported it to campus police. Imagine if the poor sap came out and saw his (or most likely his parents) car ruined? Some would call me a snitch, but I think I did the right thing.
Yeah ya did - you're not a snitch, but a good solid citizen. We need more people like you. The difference between that beaatch and the one i saw was that yours actually understood what she did. The one I saw not only didn't care, but didn't actually notice from what i could tell. She did not miss a beat in her phone conversation: she was not like, whoops, I hit a car. More like bla bla bla - BAM - bla bla bla.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I doubt very seriously that the person that parked next to had any intentions or probable cause to mess with your car. I always park next to a zoned area so there is never more than 1 car that can park next to me. I understand what you mean and I love Chargers just as much as the next person on this board but do you really think he parked his Honda next to you on purpose to mess with you?

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Flex - you should seek the same strategy that POS honda did. get yourself between two other nice cars, regardless of how many other spots are out there. use judgement, ie, how long will you be there, and whether you think those 2 cars will be there for a while, etc. Owners of nice cars do not mind parking close to each other if the implied social contract is not swinging doors wide. if i can cut a close spot between a jag and ferrari, then I know I'm safe, and by definition, so are they. I would rather that then some random spot where any idiot can pull up next to me. Birds of a feather....

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
lol, I was just driving home about 20 min ago and a 350z lanes up with me side by side down the road, I know what he wanted by I didnt give it to him. Finally after 6 or 7 min of him riding right next to me, I got sick of the idiot thinking b/c I got a daytona I was gonna race him so I swerved on him hard, made him realize I will run him right off the road b/c I have a very very bad case of road rage, he decided that would be a good time to go off on his way

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol, I was just driving home about 20 min ago and a 350z lanes up with me side by side down the road, I know what he wanted by I didnt give it to him. Finally after 6 or 7 min of him riding right next to me, I got sick of the idiot thinking b/c I got a daytona I was gonna race him so I swerved on him hard, made him realize I will run him right off the road b/c I have a very very bad case of road rage, he decided that would be a good time to go off on his way
Dude. Be careful. :nervous s

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I mind my own buisness and dont go out of my way to get involved in anyone elses. When some moron takes it upon himself to enter "my world" and f*k with me, I have no remorse for anything that happens to that moron :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts