Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMHO

A performance mod is an invitation for trouble. A cosmetic mod will bring you the same, well it will in certain places and sometimes from the wrong crowd.

I love Chargers. I plan to purchase mine early 2008, so don't take me as bashing anyone here.

If i can when i buy my charger I want 22" rims, maybe some type of exhaust, and 20 other mods i see you guys doing around here. Im just curious.

Why the hell do you guys do you mods? I know why I am going to do mine

·
Registered
77 Posts
To make it different than others. To make it my own. Also, some mods are for convienience.

·
Registered
214 Posts
IMHO

A performance mod is an invitation for trouble. A cosmetic mod will bring you the same, well it will in certain places and sometimes from the wrong crowd.

I love Chargers. I plan to purchase mine early 2008, so don't take me as bashing anyone here.

If i can when i buy my charger I want 22" rims, maybe some type of exhaust, and 20 other mods i see you guys doing around here. Im just curious.

I'm trying to understand your thought process. On one hand, you say that mods are the wrong thing to do. Then, you want us to justify why we have our particular mods. Then, you talk about the mods that you have planned... kind of a weird scenario to me.

Let me ask you this... Why do you wear a certain type of shoe? Why do you favor a certain hamburger joint over another? Why do you prefer a Charger over another vehicle? It seems me that you had already answered your own question...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Because enough is never enough. It's almost a sickness ... truly a waste of money. If you try to sell your modded car, most of the time you wont get even half of what u paid for... but it's fun customizing it :)

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
my question is why not? it's my car, it's sweet stock, sweeter modded

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
;) On CF, most mods are done to personalize there car to there taste. It becomes one with the person. Grasshopper.:)

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
To make her mine, to make her faster, to make her handle better.
Oh, and cause I like tool with cars...I do all the work myself

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Tunes your car to your personal taste. At the same time, you can spot it in the parking lot better among the automobile sea.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Because enough is never enough. It's almost a sickness ... truly a waste of money. If you try to sell your modded car, most of the time you wont get even half of what u paid for... but it's fun customizing it :)
x2 its a waste of money in one respect by looking at it as you will never get your $$$ back but its a way to be differant from the rest and add that personal touch. yes its a waste of cash bt its this or alcohol and smokes i'll take this anyday

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm trying to understand your thought process. On one hand, you say that mods are the wrong thing to do. Then, you want us to justify why we have our particular mods. Then, you talk about the mods that you have planned... kind of a weird scenario to me.

Let me ask you this... Why do you wear a certain type of shoe? Why do you favor a certain hamburger joint over another? Why do you prefer a Charger over another vehicle? It seems me that you had already answered your own question...
As stated above, we all know mods are a waste of time and cash. But at the same time we all want them for whatever reason.

I do seem like I am contradicting myself, yes.

Im just offering a view, or starting a topic.

I am going to mod my car so it looks like my car. I am going to do things that make it comfortable to me.

Some DO mods just to beat the next guy off of the line.

Maybe it should have been a poll thread

Why do you mod for looks performance or both?

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
So far I've done the Daytona Grill, I think it looks better than the stock R/T grill. The hood struts are just convenient and look better than that stupid hood prop. The Daytona Exhaust was a cheap way to get a little more growl.

I plan on the front and rear spoilers and rear air diffuser to give it a little more of the muscle car look, and will do the CAI for the sound and look.

That's about it. I've always tweaked my cars/trucks to make them suit my taste. Heck, I must have put close to $500 worth of chrome parts under the of '79 cougar in high school just because I thought it looked cool.

The Charger is very nice from the factory, but that doesn't mean its perfect! The factory vehicle is always a comprise to make as many people happy as possible, so once it yours you can tweak it till it suits your taste.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
As stated above, we all know mods are a waste of time and cash. But at the same time we all want them for whatever reason.

I do seem like I am contradicting myself, yes.

Im just offering a view, or starting a topic.

I am going to mod my car so it looks like my car. I am going to do things that make it comfortable to me.

Some DO mods just to beat the next guy off of the line.

Maybe it should have been a poll thread

Why do you mod for looks performance or both?

I don't think anything that makes you happier is a waste of time or money. If modding your car makes you happy then go for it, if you wanna leave it stock, thats your decision...

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Ive been modding cars for 10 yrs now, $3k paint jobs, (2) sets of $5k rims, numerous sets of other rims, stereo equipment, hydraulics, Engine work, all sorts of goodies......NONE of it has been a waste of time or money (although hydraulics were fustrating after awhile, but still fun).....EVERY second I spend in my modded vehicles is a second of pure enjoyment

Besides, all the gorgeous ladies love me lolol
AND
Im one of the "cooler kids on the block"

:)

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Its my hobby. I enjoy it and I love the attention my vehicles have gotten through the years. I will have to say that my SuperBee is probably the biggest attention whore of them all.

·
Registered
253 Posts
IMHO

Either your joking, or your a [email protected]$$. so STFU.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Either your joking, or your a [email protected]$$. so STFU.
That was definitely uncalled for.

Now to the OP.
Yes, only 4K Top Bananas sold in the US, however, 1 lives within a mile of my house, 1 within a mile of my job, and at least 25 sold in Las Vegas. So, I started moddin my car to look different, but still retain a daytona feel. Now, my car LOOKS really fast, and for sure real cool. Next, starting this winter or spring, I will mod the heck out of the engine, and do the things to the motor that alot of Dodge engineers probably wanted to do but were not allowed to do. Once it gets as fast as it looks, I will mod the inside.
Why do I do it? For fun! I did ALOT of it myself. And although I sweat, and bled, I loved doing it all.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
A performance mod is an invitation for trouble!

But he wants to do 20 mods to his car? Get real.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.