Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people here put on dual Exhaust. why?

1) Was it the looks?
2) Extra power?
3) The deep muscle sound?
4) fuel economy?
5) Etc...

·
Registered
831 Posts
main reason is cuz the v6s have two openings and only 1 tip. if my charger only had 1 opening like the magnum i'd probably still have the stock setup.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hmmmmm......thats the way the car came.
but if it didnt I still would pu them on they look awesome.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also wanna know if I would lose gas mileage if I installed the dual system? I drive 72 Miles total to work and back.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
better looks

a little better gas mileage

louder

it might not give better power because the exhaust will not get as hot as a hemi exhaust would, but if you get an X pipe it prolly will.... a true dual on our cars without an x pipe decreases power

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
main reason is cuz the v6s have two openings and only 1 tip. if my charger only had 1 opening like the magnum i'd probably still have the stock setup.
x2.
It just doesn't look right with an empty cutout on the bumper. I will be putting mine on soon for that reason.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
better looks

a little better gas mileage

louder

it might not give better power because the exhaust will not get as hot as a hemi exhaust would, but if you get an X pipe it prolly will.... a true dual on our cars without an x pipe decreases power
Thanks. So the X pipe is (almost) mandatory to keep power.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Thanks. So the X pipe is (almost) mandatory to keep power.
Yea dude definately get a nice X pipe I say get a 5.7 cat back to go along with your Dual if you are looking into getting one because that X pipe releases some loudness and power!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I did it for two reasons--the look and the sound.

The look was the most important reason, however. I simply hated to see my baby from the rear. It was like she was unfinished. She had two cutouts, but only one pipe. She begged me to do it . . .

·
Registered
352 Posts
I did it for two reasons--the look and the sound.

The look was the most important reason, however. I simply hated to see my baby from the rear. It was like she was unfinished. She had two cutouts, but only one pipe. She begged me to do it . . .
Same here:grin:

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
why did they make the v6 charger with a single pipe and two cut outs to begin with? all the other v6 cars these days come with dual pipes...but no they had to make the charger with one pipe hoping every sucker out there will buy a dual exhaust from the stealership.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
why did you put on the dual exhaust?

ummmm not trying to be a jerk here but....Why not?

·
Registered
70 Posts
why did they make the v6 charger with a single pipe and two cut outs to begin with? all the other v6 cars these days come with dual pipes...but no they had to make the charger with one pipe hoping every sucker out there will buy a dual exhaust from the stealership.
I had an '05 4.0 V6 Mustang prior to buying my Charger. It only came with a single outlet and no cut out on the other side. Those that put duals from a GT had to buy a new bumper to make it look correct. Having the cut out is less expensive than not. Prior to that my 3.8 V6 Firebird had dual outlet as an option but was not standard. There were no cut outs on that. They came out under the rear valance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts