Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

So...a long time ago, I got my stock 19" wheels PVD coated. I left the stock lugnuts on (and center caps, too). Over the summer, I installed coilovers and decided to swap out the silver lugnuts for black ones.

The problem is, I couldn't find the right black ones. The ones I got stick out way too far and look awful, but I left them. However, now I'm going to get the wheels recoated, and I'd really like to get some gloss black lugnuts that are the right wrench size and length.

See attached for some pictures of the stock lug nuts, as well as a picture of one of my wheels with the ones I found that are way too long. I found some shorter black ones, but they are 3/4" size and not 7/8" (or 22 mm if you prefer). Does what I'm looking for (gloss black, short, 7/8" socket) exist? Or should I just get the 3/4" and then get a new lug wrench?

I'd be fine with the spline type of lugnuts, too, but I don't think they make those that are as short as I need, either.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
20 seconds on Amazon

JiiinMiiin M14x1.5 Bulge Acorn Lug Nut, 60 Degree Conical Seat 22mm Hex 14x1.5 Thread Sets of 20 Black Wheel Nuts https://a.co/d/1EJKZvT

Wheel Accessories Parts Set of 20 Black 14x1.5 Lug Nuts Closed End Bulge Acorn Lug Nuts 1.38” Long - Cone Seat - 21mm (13/16”) Hex Wheel Lug Nut (M14 x 1.5, Black) https://a.co/d/ab5xRuq

Dynofit M14×1.5 OEM Lug Nuts Fit Do-dge Bui-ck Cadi-llac Chry-sler TES-la 20× Black Nuts Hex 7/8'' Height 1.5'' Conical Cone Bulge Seat https://a.co/d/eryRLZJ

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate you taking the time to search for me, but none of these are the right ones - or at least the ones I'm looking for.

One is 21 mm/13/16" wrench size, and the other two are 1.5" total length, which won't work. I know this for a fact because it's exactly what I bought, and what sticks out too far from the wheel. And it seems to be all I can find - maybe they don't make a black lug nut in the size I need?

I removed one of the 1.5" lug nuts and compared it side-by-side with an original, then put the original on the car and snapped some pictures. You can see the difference. I'm okay if the lug nuts stick out a little, but the 1.5" long ones stick out a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think the shortest black chrome nuts you're going to find are from Gorilla...both of these are 1.4" overall length. Part number 91147BC/BCB take a 13/16" lug wrench; part number 41147BC/BCB take a 3/4" lug wrench. Installed the former on my 2008 Charger over a decade ago with not as much as a chip.

FWIW, I take my nuts seriously and would not consider Chinese Amazon parts, no matter how inexpensive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'm thinking way too much about lugnuts. But, here is some more info that doesn't really make sense to me.

From everything I can find online, the stock lugnut part number is 6509873AA, and they are 1.37" in length. That makes sense as the pictures look exactly like mine, and mine measured almost exactly that (see my picture above in my first post).

The replacement lugnuts are 1.5" in length, or 0.13" longer - or about 1/8 of an inch. You can see from the picture of the wheels though that they stick out way further than 1/8" more than the stock. If I measure near the wheel center, the black lugnuts stick out a little more than 1/4" further than stock.

If you look at the picture of the two lugnuts side-by-side, it looks like the stock nut goes into the wheel further than black one. It's hard to tell for sure, but maybe the set I bought wasn't manufactured correctly, or maybe it's not a precise 60 degree cone.

In any event, I think I'l buy some of the 1.4" length and see how they look. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The various sizes are indeed all over the map. The McGard nuts are about 1.63" long.

If there's one thing I know, it's that you don't want to drive around with your nuts sticking out...

Hope the Gorillas work out.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
1,999 Posts
While informative and helpful, am I the only one immature enough to find the humor in Capt W’s post?
He keeps subtly dropping a punchline in there.

Reactions: Fronzizzle
1 - 11 of 11 Posts