Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i go to trade my car in for a mustang gt, and of course my 1 year old car with 15k miles on it doesnt appraise for ****!!!!!!
i was thinking like 16 grand or so, but no they offer me 12.5 when i still owe 18866 on it, and paid 22 grand for it!!! i dont get it at all!:confused:

·
Registered
149 Posts
cuz its a dodge not a honda..

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
try paying 40k new for an 08 and one year later the dealer offers you 27500... those bastwards:slap:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
cars (other than srt) lose 60% of their value in the first two years.

Thats common sense

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
I feel your pain.

I went to a dealer last spring to look at trading in my R/T for a Challenger SRT8.

I'm in Canada, so the numbers may confuse you if you're in the US, but this was the deal:

My Car MSRP in 2007: $47,100
SRT8 Chally MSRP in 2009: $52,000

What they offered me as a trade-in on my car: $18,000

So it would have cost me over $72,000 to buy out this lease then buy the Challenger SRT8. I was $20,000 upside down on the deal.

Guess who DOES NOT have a new Challenger SRT8 in his driveway???

:slap:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I feel your pain.

I went to a dealer last spring to look at trading in my R/T for a Challenger SRT8.

I'm in Canada, so the numbers may confuse you if you're in the US, but this was the deal:

My Car MSRP in 2007: $47,100
SRT8 Chally MSRP in 2009: $52,000

What they offered me as a trade-in on my car: $18,000

So it would have cost me over $72,000 to buy out this lease then buy the Challenger SRT8. I was $20,000 upside down on the deal.

Guess who DOES NOT have a new Challenger SRT8 in his driveway???
:slap:

-=FLEX=-
Me :cry:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
you think it would have been any different had you been trading in a mustang for a charger? Of course a dealer is gonna low ball you, thats how they stay in business!

·
Registered
63 Posts
The F-U factor

so i go to trade my car in for a mustang gt, and of course my 1 year old car with 15k miles on it doesnt appraise for ****!!!!!!
i was thinking like 16 grand or so, but no they offer me 12.5 when i still owe 18866 on it, and paid 22 grand for it!!! i dont get it at all!:confused:
Elements of the F+U=S equation

F. You're a young male.
U. You want to buy a car that is a flying out of the showrooms.
S. In reality car's trade-in value is 16K, but they ain't gonna trade for that. Why? Cause they don't have to, so F+U=Screwed

Suggestion: Buy a Challenger. :)

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Who on earth buys their car as an investment?????

Other than some barret jackson crap

·
Registered
5,023 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
That's the way of the world, they are actually not doing too terribly bad. My last car listed at 85k new and I picked it up for just under 30 certified pre-owned from an official dealer lot at just less than 6 years old. New cars suck financially but high performance cars are much better to buy new especially if you plan on keeping them as you never know what bolt on NOS kit the previous owner used or what abuses he/she brought upon it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Its not a Dealership....its a "Stealership".....and its all about making money. The only value a car has is to its buyer. I bought my car because I wanted it and not to make money or see it make money for me. The only vehicle that I have ever owned that has held its value is my Motorcycle. And its all about supply and demand. Sorry to hear your car wasn't as you had hoped it to be.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Yep, older cars are worth more so are exotic sports cars.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
The only reason I haven't traded in for a stage 1 roush or a used srt is because I'll more than likley be upside down and my payments will go up.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Its not a Dealership....its a "Stealership".....and its all about making money. The only value a car has is to its buyer. I bought my car because I wanted it and not to make money or see it make money for me. The only vehicle that I have ever owned that has held its value is my Motorcycle. And its all about supply and demand. Sorry to hear your car wasn't as you had hoped it to be.
a dealership is out to make profit???? no way. so how are they unlike every other business out there?
This stealership term is getting real played out. The problem isnt the dealership, its the damn consumer. The consumer is the idiot that goes in upside down, with crap credit, no down payment and begs to get financed for a car payment that is way more than 10% of their take home which is one of the two biggest financial mistakes 90% of the people in debt up to their g string do. Nobody forced the car on the consumer. The consumer walks in under his own power whether he's financially incompetant or not. I have yet to have any salesman bring a car to my house and drop it off with a payment book saying here you go, your stuck.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts