Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through some old cell phone pics and I saw this one from mid summer in Illinois. 106 when I first got inside the car, but prob 104 outside. Whos had the highest reading in there car?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
You are in the wrong state to be competing for this.

I have had readings of 130+ degrees on my EVIC. That's with an actual air temp of about 118-120, and with the car sitting in direct sun for several hours.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I've had mine up to 127* in mid summer around 5pm.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I haven't ever seen mine above 122, but when mine gets super hot it quits working and just gets stuck. Also, mine always reads really high, so if it's 105 outside it will say at least 115.

But yeah, you're in the wrong state to start this pissing contest. :)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
125 in July in the afternoon, I took a laser thermometer and pointed it at the hood and it read 167.
Do that to the top of your dash. My neighbor does hot weather testing for VW and he says the front edge of your dash can hit 270 (yes, 270 fahrenheit) if you leave it parked facing the sun.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How the F can you live there? :dead: I would die

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do that to the top of your dash. My neighbor does hot weather testing for VW and he says the front edge of your dash can hit 270 (yes, 270 fahrenheit) if you leave it parked facing the sun.

well, i hope to GOD he didnt mean 270 C!!!! LOL

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I've had mine read in the 120s, but mine always reads off for some reason.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
How the F can you live there? :dead: I would die
The hottest days here... 115-120 temps (with 10% humidity)... is about the same level of misery as 105 with 90% humidity.

I'll take the dry heat please.

Plus, in the spring and fall, 80 degrees with the same 10% humidty.. it's absolutely PERFECT!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I say forget about being literal heat. Interior heat has never made anyone any faster. Lets try this again. Who has the hottest performance package is my question?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wrong state

You are in the wrong state to be competing for this.

I have had readings of 130+ degrees on my EVIC. That's with an actual air temp of about 118-120, and with the car sitting in direct sun for several hours.
You are definitely right I am in the wrong state. 167 on the hood is nuts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
The hottest days here... 115-120 temps (with 10% humidity)... is about the same level of misery as 105 with 90% humidity.

Plus, in the spring and fall, 80 degrees with the same 10% humidty.. it's absolutely PERFECT!
FINALLY some one with a brain.

im sick and tired of all the people from nevada and AZ tryin to tell me its the hottest for them cuz of the heat and such high humidity. when tehre is almost no humidity!

as compared to houston. with upwards of 79% on a daily basis. and september being our worst month for heat and humidity ;(

i hate living here. january is gonna be the one enjoyable month for this car and its performance lol

this man has finally put it in perspective from some one who does not live in houston.

the humidity makes it miserable. id take the dry heat with 10* more heat any day.

·
Registered
629 Posts

im sick and tired of all the people from nevada and AZ tryin to tell me its the hottest for them cuz of the heat and such high humidity. when tehre is almost no humidity!

as compared to houston. with upwards of 79% on a daily basis. and september being our worst month for heat and humidity ;(

i hate living here. january is gonna be the one enjoyable month for this car and its performance lol

this man has finally put it in perspective from some one who does not live in houston.

the humidity makes it miserable. id take the dry heat with 10* more heat any day.
I'm going to Vegas Monday, I'll be glad to cool off...

North FL Summers, 95-100* 90+% humidity. You walk outside and you sweat instantaneously.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts

Don't forget sunny and 70 on Christmas.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts

My parents used to live in Houston, and that's a whole different kind of misery. On a dry day here you can have humidity of 3%. When it's dry, anything below about 10% humidity, you could go play a round of golf a 3 pm when it's 110 degrees and when you're done you won't be sweaty. The water just evaporates out of you. Your skin is salty, but not wet.

In Houston, it's so humid that it could be 75 degrees and you sweat like a maniac. It's even like that indoors, so if you even rest your arm on a piece of paper it will stick to you.

The worst thing about Houston - and other humid places - is that potato chips get soggy. That's just wrong on so many levels. In the desert you could leave a bowl of potato chips on the counter for a week and they'll be fine all week. You can keep them in the open bag just with the top just rolled up in the pantry for months and they're fine. But you open a bag of chips in a swamp like Houston and it's ruined within minutes.

So yes, we desert dwellers certainly understand our swamp brethrens' suffering. :)

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
hehe. i look forward to the day i leave this pit.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
the day you have a cd melt on your dash board, feel free to tell me its hot where you live.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts