Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question all you charger guys should be able to chime in on!! I got a co-worker who recently bought a 2003 mustang gt with appr. 80k miles on it. I know these cars come out stock with approximately 260 hp. Only mods done are flowmaster muffler, off road x pipe, accel coil packs, and a hypertech power programmer 3.
Every since I purchased my new 2007 charger r/t he has beren on me about how his car will smoke mine. I have installed a mopar cai, and magnaflow catback. For the moment that is all that I have done. I keep blowing him off because it is all he talks about but what do u guys on here think honestly.
I know that our cars are heavier but the power we have is also significantly greater, not to mention that the torque is outta this world compared to a 1999-2004 mustang gt. Anyone who feels like chiming in let me know what u honestly think. Who is faster? One more thing I always tell him he could probably pull me off the line a little but after that I figure I should be able to run him down fairly easily.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think so myself but no matter what I tell him he just wont let it go. A s a matter of fact I was outside after work the other day cleaning up my baby and he drives by, throws it up in neutral and starts revvin his stang up!! I just smiled and thought about how I should get out there and blow his doors off the hinges!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
You will smoke an '03
I beat one good in my stock Maggy. Dont know what mod dude had, but he had at least exhaust

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ain't no way no 03 mustang GT is gonna beat your R/T.
Give him a run and prove it to him.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I used to eat mustang gt's all day long in my R/T. Now that I have the srt8, I don't waste the gas. BRING ON THE COBRA's lol :grin:

·
Registered
417 Posts
I know these cars come out stock with approximately 260 hp. Only mods done are flowmaster muffler, off road x pipe, accel coil packs, and a hypertech power programmer 3.
I thought they had 280hp stock. I test drove a new one back in '01 and wasn't impressed. But they do have alot of mod options. Give it a try and let us know what happens!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Line em up.... you'll take him.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
just some acurate info about a mustang gt not biased in any way:

MSRP: N/A - N/A

Body Styles: 2-Dr Coupe, 2-Dr Convertible
Engines: 4.6L V8, 3.8L V6
Transmissions: 5 Speed Manual, 4 Speed Automatic
Drivetrains: Rear Wheel Drive
Mustang GT coupe ($23,245) and Mustang GT convertible ($27,585) come with a 4.6-liter V8 with single overhead cams and two-valves per cylinder rated at 260 hp at 5250 rpm and 302 lbs.-ft. of torque at 4000 rpm. To manage all that power, GT models are equipped with gas-pressure shocks with unique model calibrations, P245/45R17 performance tires on 17-inch alloy painted wheels, a Traction Loc rear axle, ABS and traction control. GTs come with sport bucket seats and fog lamps. The V8 mates with a Tremec five-speed manual gearbox with a tall fifth gear for improved fuel economy. A four-speed automatic ($815) is optional

This car with a good driver is capable of this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 Ford Mustang GT 1/4 mile Drag Racing timeslip specs 0-60
More Info: Extended Warranty, Car Loans, Car insurance and Lemon Laws for your Ford Mustang GT

Check out DragList.com for actual drag times for 80,000 pro drag racers.

1/4 Mile ET: 14.070
1/4 Mile MPH: 99.870
1/8 Mile ET: 0.000
1/8 Mile MPH: 0.000
0-60 Foot ET: 2.233
Temperature F: 0.0
Timeslip Scan:
Car Make: Ford
Car Model: Mustang
Car Type: GT
Car Year: 2004
Driver: Shawn Gower
E-Mail: Click HERE
Videos: Mustang Videos
Web Site:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-5668.html

my conclusion from a dig it is a drivers race, but from a roll the mustang gt is toasts. note that this specs are for 99-04 mustang gt

·
Registered
122 Posts
SMOKE THAT RUSTANG!!!:rockon: !!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
do you have any mods whatsoever? That mustang with his mod might reach high 13s how are you gonna smoke him? i say racing from a roll cuz thats where your peak power is at :grin:

·
Registered
609 Posts
BS that thing's not doing a 14.0 stock, not on it's best day. There's a few GT's and a Mach 1 that go to the 1/8th at the stadium. They do 9.2-9.6. I do a 8.91. It may seem like a close race. I've killed quite a few. Usually by a few car lengths. By the way, if you win by a few car lengths, that IS NOT a close race.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
BS that thing's not doing a 14.0 stock, not on it's best day. There's a few GT's and a Mach 1 that go to the 1/8th at the stadium. They do 9.2-9.6. I do a 8.91. It may seem like a close race. I've killed quite a few. Usually by a few car lengths. By the way, if you win by a few car lengths, that IS NOT a close race.
yeah but looks all your mods (nice mods by the way), ive seen 04 stangs mids14s to low 14s. But i really dont know if that time slips is fake or not but what i do know is that is a drivers race from a dig.

·
Registered
609 Posts
yeah but looks all your mods (nice mods by the way), ive seen 04 stangs mids14s to low 14s. But i really dont know if that time slips is fake or not but what i do know is that is a drivers race from a dig.
I agree with that, I've got a few. As long as he gets an even start, he should start pulling hard at about 70-75. Besides 13.9 is pretty crappy IMO with my mods. I think I can still get 2 or 3 tenths out of it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Appreciate all the input from you guys!! I dont think I will absolutely smoke the guy, but I do think I would win. But no matter what I will always have a badder, meaner lookin car than a mustang.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Go smoke him!! I drove a friend's when I was in San Diego and my wife's Daytona feels so much stronger all around. I was just reading a thread about a Daytona beating an 07 GT, so I would seriously doubt you losing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts