Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Very tempting...I know nothing about suspension...how much would the install for springs go for?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you put the srt charger springs/struts/and rear shocks on it it will sit just like a srt-BUT-if you put the srt300 springs/struts/and rear shocks on it will sit with a small raked look in the front. for some reason the 300 srts are raked in the front

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
shoot if you dont know someone in the area that can do it for you expect to pay from 350-450 i have heard from many places. lucky for me i lucked out and will be paying 150 for the springs (eibach pro) and 125 for install. the springs have 250 mile on them but the guy wanted bags so got a great deal

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
isnt there more dismantleing than most cars

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
WOW-mopar super center is having a sale on the mopar spring kits for the LX cars. $214 for all 4. it will give you a 1 inch leveled drop on all 4 corners.
I installed a aset of Mopar springs I bought through Moparsupercenter on my Maggy a couple of years ago. The 1" advertised drop is about right.
After a few thousand miles, she got a bit bouncy though. The cars are so friggin heavy, the stock shocks dont like to be out of ther sweet spot. Not too bad though.
I do all work myself, so I dont know about install prices

Since this is a lowering thread, does anyone know how much lower the SRT / Superbee sits over a R/T, Daytona?

I want my car to sit like a SRT-8 and I dont think 1" is enough
I installed take off SRT8 goodies on my girl, and she dropped about 3/4" in the front and 1/2" or so in the rear. About perfect for me.
I always hated how my stock RT R&T(same as your Daytona), seemed to sit a tad highr in the front than the back(or at least lllok that way), the SRT suspension gave her that nice subtle rake

·
Registered
334 Posts
well that depends-some were around $350 to have them installed and realined
Hmmm, that's not as bad as I was expecting...maybe I'll give it a little more thought.

·
Registered
230 Posts
the only problem is that the SRT8 has load leveling in the rear, which makes for lowering it a problem. You have to take out this feature and install stock, kinda sh!tty if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
since we talking about this, does anybody know the difference between 3.5 and r/t shocks and springs? i have 3.5, had srt suspension for awhile, now installed a r/t suspension but it seems like (99% sure) sitting higher than stock 3.5. plus the fronts tilt outwards like this..

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
the only problem is that the SRT8 has load leveling in the rear, which makes for lowering it a problem. You have to take out this feature and install stock, kinda sh!tty if you ask me.
Pedders solves all the problems of the leveling shocks. If you think about it, why would you want that shock on a sports car? It’s really for a luxury car. Now Pedders knew that they had to develop a suspension better than the SRT. It’s been in R&D for quite some time. I think all will be pretty impressed. The video that was suggested to look at previously will show a Tahoe with a suspension upgrade go faster in slalom than a GTO. RT's w/RT and the Daytona's have the Nivomat system too.:grin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts