Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I wouldn't upgrade at all.

Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems Pedders is putting off our awd suspension parts for fear of not having the awd customers. Hopefully we can prove them, or another manufacturer wrong. Lets get to seein' some results.

If anyone is or knows a member of the lxforums, and would like to see some advancement in this department, maybe create a similar post over there.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I guess they are right. ;)

What percent of Chargers are AWD? And what percent of those people would want Pedders? I figure most people who buy AWD like the ride height stock so they can clear snow.

I really want to see an AWD car with Pedders and a 426 Hemi. I wonder how that would perform! :driving:

How badly do the AWD cars understeer stock? And can that be overcome or is the 4-matic based system flawed for a true performance set-up?

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Waayyy ahead of ya buddy!
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99698
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=149204

Belive me, I've been going 'round n' 'round with Mike and Pete on this subject. It ain't gonna happen anytime soon, if at all.

Unfortunately for us AWD guys (again!), it looks like we WILL need the lower A-arm bushings (if you drive it hard- track use), but as with the shocks, it's probably not gonna happen...

They "may consider" making the new xA Coilovers for us, because once it's developed for the LX cars, they can just fab a new lower for the AWD cars. I most likely won't be removing all my other Pedders parts to get them, though... guess I'll just buy a new, stock front shock whenever I need one. I have to say, though... so far, so good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
awd suspension parts

hotbits.ca in Canada or hotbits.com in the U S will custom build coilovers for our awd cars. they built a front set for me for $1000.00 cdn. i have a 2007 rt awd with almost 97000 mi. on it and still going strong.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd prefer a lowering kit that would take out wheel gap and make the stance look better. I believe most people aren't trying to slam an awd just firm it up and increase the handling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The adjustable coil overs that I'm talking about lowered my car 1.75" in the front and Pedders drag pack springs lowered the rear about 2" in the rear. They offered to build adjusters for the rear but I declined since the car has the stance I wanted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts