Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've seen posts from some saying they can't. Just let me drive! I've got proof!

Thankfully I've seen the video on how to handle traffic stops and didn't answer the "Do you know why I pulled you over?" question. Admit nothing!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
lol thats an awesome ticket to get. how much can they charger you for if they gave u a ticket for that?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's something ridiculous like $125. He came from a cross street, so he couldn't clock/pace me. I was doing a few 0-60 runs (and pulled a 4.64) just before this and was still trying to practice my launches. That's OK, because I think I've found a new location. :grin:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
You think $125 is high? Try Cal. getting caught in intersection making left turn when traffic backs up and light turns red....... $422.60 plus traffic school fee of $29.00

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

Thankfully I've seen the video on how to handle traffic stops and didn't answer the "Do you know why I pulled you over?" question. Admit nothing!

I got one of those when I was in my early 20's. In Texas they wrote it up as
"Excessive Tire Spinning". :smoke:Smoke' em if you got' em,lol.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Ridiculous. We have murder in the streets, terrorism, and cops are wasting time giving "spinning tire" warnings.:knockout:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ridiculous. We have murder in the streets, terrorism, and cops are wasting time giving "spinning tire" warnings.:knockout:

More people are killed annually in traffic fatalities than murder and terrorism.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Most of those traffic fatalities are not due to burnouts, however.
I could see a ticket for littering, or defacing public property with a layer of rubber or something, but not a burnout at 0-5 mph. yes I know all about how it can get out of control if you don't know what you're doing, but so can backing up out of a parking space at 5mph....

·
Registered
170 Posts

I'd go to court, bring a picture of my car, and admit I did it... just to see what they would say.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would have to agree with Charger Chic. I don't think that the cop is wasting his time at all ...... the cop has many laws to enforce, including TRAFFIC LAWS !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Haha I think thats awesome.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Now if we could only get the cops to start enforcing the laws requiring the use of turn signals. IMO, much more likely to cause an accident then spinning ones tires.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Looks like just a warning, do you really have to pay anything for that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Most of those traffic fatalities are not due to burnouts, however.
I could see a ticket for littering, or defacing public property with a layer of rubber or something, but not a burnout at 0-5 mph. yes I know all about how it can get out of control if you don't know what you're doing, but so can backing up out of a parking space at 5mph....
Don't get me wrong ...... I love the burn out. All I'm saying is that I think the cop was pretty cool to just give a warning. He is probably a wheel spinner too.:grin:

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I'm sure that LEO has done his share of wheelspin while taking off to nab some perp!

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
And don't think for one second that they don't have fun doing that!!! Everyone has to enjoy their job somehow.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Congrats....needs to be put in the car. We will have to give you a Warning for not getting it on film..lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts