Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my near future mods is going to be big brakes, probably right after Kooks LTs. I was curious which members have em and which kits did you go with, how big I can fit under my stock 20s (in case I put them back on for whatever reason). Im leaning towards Baer Brakes at the moment but I would like opinions from everyone. IF you can please post pics as well.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me know if you do i will buy your srt8 brakes off of you :)
You got it, they have right now only 2400 miles on them.... and I cant see them having more than 3000 since winter is coming and I wont be driving the car much longer.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Look into the Wilwood kit that is offered from TCE Performance Products, a company that advertises on the site here. I read Mighty Noid's install a few months back and I cant beleive the price he got on everything. Most big brake kits are about 3000 each for front and back, so typically somewhere in the ballpark of 6,000 with everything. Through them, you can get front and back rotors, 6-piston calipers, pads, and brake fluid for about 3,500, and thats a freakin steal right there. Ive looked all over the place and havent been able to come close to their deal. IM still to broke to afford that just yet, (hahahahaha) but as soon as I get some cash together they will be getting my business for sure. Contact them and ask for Todd.

BTW, incase the 6-piston calipers werent enough for you and 14" front and 13" rears werent enough either.... you can opt for their stage 3 kit and get 16" fronts and 14" rears, and this kit utilizes the calipers and whatnot that come on the kit for the Ford Lightning truck!

-Pat

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You got it, they have right now only 2400 miles on them.... and I cant see them having more than 3000 since winter is coming and I wont be driving the car much longer.
I have the Baer 6R's on mine. Wouldn't consider anything else (provided money was no object). Wilwoods are damngood brakes....Brembo has some nice non-factory set ups tooo.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Oh you better believe it! :D Keep me in mind for the future, there's no way I can swing this purchase now or any time too soon for that matter because I just have too much other stuff goin on. But you better believe that when I get some coin together Ill be lookin to you guys for the big brakes! Thanks for chiming in...

-Pat

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Btw, take a look at the link Todd left for pictures... Then take a look at the third pic across on the right in the top row. Do you see how big those 16" fronts look on the 22s?!?!?! Unreal right there---good stuff!

-Pat

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
One of my near future mods is going to be big brakes, probably right after Kooks LTs. I was curious which members have em and which kits did you go with, how big I can fit under my stock 20s (in case I put them back on for whatever reason). Im leaning towards Baer Brakes at the moment but I would like opinions from everyone. IF you can please post pics as well.
Here is a good link I think will answer your question:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=37430&highlight=brembo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.