Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done their own install of springs on the charger? I've done it on other cars in the past.. Just wondering if you ran into anything crazy!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
SmoothSL said:
Has anyone done their own install of springs on the charger? I've done it on other cars in the past.. Just wondering if you ran into anything crazy!
GoDaddy is the only one that I know of.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no.. Are you serious?! He have any clue to why it has turned out that way?

bstowers said:
Yes, and he named his car Squeaky after that.

<ducks, runs>

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha!! :) Hope I don't run into that problem..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Look over on lxforums.com under suspension,etc.....Long Island RT posted "my first major mod"....there he illustrates installing the 1" mopar lowering springs doing it himself. Remember going with mopar will allow you to secure any future warranty issues with your suspension, if that concerns you. An individual I know who works for dodge service dept says swaping springs is a snap at the shop. Sometimes it's worth having them do so if it comes out squeaky there is someone else to responsible to fix it, Hmm? :whistle:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lowered Mine This Past Weekend.. No Problems What So Ever Straight Forward.. No Squeaks... Rides Bad Ass... Nice And Tight...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, which spring kit did you go with? Would you happen to have pictures yet? :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, wondering if it was the sport line or the other.. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Smooth, It Was The Eibach Sportline Springs... Lowered Overall A Little Over 2" Nice Ride.. Stiffer And Tighter And Handles Alot Better Than Before.. No Body Roll.. Nice Ride... Check With Godaddy He's Got Pics Of His I Don't Have Any Pics Of Mine Yet, Hopefully Soon.... The Main Reason I Lowered My Car Was After I Saw His...

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
1BADHEMI said:
Hey Smooth, It Was The Eibach Sportline Springs... Lowered Overall A Little Over 2" Nice Ride.. Stiffer And Tighter And Handles Alot Better Than Before.. No Body Roll.. Nice Ride... Check With Godaddy He's Got Pics Of His I Don't Have Any Pics Of Mine Yet, Hopefully Soon.... The Main Reason I Lowered My Car Was After I Saw His...
no squeaks brad :no: it was the muffler all along...after i lifted the car up - retightened everything extra hard using some of your ideas and then put on some ultra high heat sound damper (have the website if someone needs it) around any potential rubs/rattle spots! no probs after that - until i did find it though i was really worried that it was the shocks squeaking.

i attached some pics - have plenty more...this was about a week ago

Attachments

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
hey 1badhemi....where are the pics? how do you like it? what is your overall impressions? i have missed so much on this install for you b/c of the hurricane and back surgery.

·
Registered
290 Posts
hey Godaddy...whasssup!!!! Hope Your Back Is Better And Safe & Speedy Recovery.. Man I Gotta Say You Helped Me Out Alot.. Overall The Job To Lower Was Not As Bad As I Would Have Thought... The Stance Looks Bad Azz.. The Ride... Well What's Not To Like... Tight And Very Responsive.. Like You, I Will Wait For Some Dampers... But I Gotta Say It Rides Like It's On Rails Now... No Bodyroll, Nothing.. Couldn't Have Asked For Any Better.. Thanks For Your Help And Persuasiveness On The Lowering.. I Don't Think I Would Have Been Happier Any Other Way... Thanks Again For Your Help.. This Definitely Was The Way To Go...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Alright. Before I sink the money, what is the final verdict? If I go with the Sportline am I going to have to get new coilovers and/or dampers? Is the Proline the happy medium for someone wanting a more aggressive stance with better handling...or will I have to also save up for coilovers also? I spend a couple of hours absorbing what ya'll are saying every night. I was leaning toward the proline after reading some of GoDaddy's posts...but now it seems as though the sportlines might be the way to go??!!! Edumacate me please.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts