Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need my rear pads replaced, I'm going to do the fronts too just for continuity. I'm looking for someone in SE Mass who I can trust to do a good job at a reasonable price. Any help?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I need my rear pads replaced, I'm going to do the fronts too just for continuity. I'm looking for someone in SE Mass who I can trust to do a good job at a reasonable price. Any help?[/QUOTE

The fronts must have been replaced already, else it's been driven with the parking brake on.

VIP has done good work for me, although they did leave off the plastic dust cover for the brake fluid fill.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where is VIP? I know this job isn't that hard so I'm looking for someone that can do it at a reasonable price. And no, the fronts have not been changed before. All original pads all around. The mechanic that changed my oil and rotated my tires said my rears were almost gone but the fronts were good.
I'm gonna do all 4 at the same time anyway.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Where is VIP? I know this job isn't that hard so I'm looking for someone that can do it at a reasonable price. And no, the fronts have not been changed before. All original pads all around. The mechanic that changed my oil and rotated my tires said my rears were almost gone but the fronts were good.
I'm gonna do all 4 at the same time anyway.
Watertown is the closest VIP to the Cape.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
There are some write-ups showing how to do it yourself ... check on lxforums, there's definitely one on there, from Junior, detailing the whole process.

I did my front and rear pads and rotors about 3 months ago with the help of a lxforums member ... went to his house and did all 4 corners in his driveway ... I did 3 of the 4 corners :)

Easy job, especially if you're gonna be replacing the rotors too ... machining them would mean you bringing the rotors someplace to have that done.

If you have your own driveway, look into doing it yourself ... not hard at all ...

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up Wagner Posi-Quiet pads today. I spent 70 bucks total for the front and rear. I chose the Wagner because 1, it was a good price and 2, they are Made in the USA. I'm gonna do it myself this weekend, it doesn't seem that difficult. Do you think that I should have the rotors machined? There's no vibration when I brake and the last mechanic to look at my car said the pads needed to be changed. He said the rotors were good, meaning they don't need replacement. I didn't ask him if they needed to be turned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts