Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your help,

Anyone else have this - my Charger at highway speeds only has this whistling noise coming from front end - definitely sounds like wind noise, but not sure where it is coming from. I know there was a TSB on this for 06's but mine is an 07 that I just bought a month ago. Anyone else have this noise - going to bring it to the dealership on Wed., but am prepared for the we could not recreate the problem response.

TH

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Need your help,

Anyone else have this - my Charger at highway speeds only has this whistling noise coming from front end - definitely sounds like wind noise, but not sure where it is coming from. I know there was a TSB on this for 06's but mine is an 07 that I just bought a month ago. Anyone else have this noise - going to bring it to the dealership on Wed., but am prepared for the we could not recreate the problem response.

TH
This topic has been brought up several times...supposedly under hot temperatures the vehicle begins to make this whistle type sound from the front of the vehicle, the front windshield to be exact near the seals from the air squeezing through it, this only happens when achieving high speeds...I only get this when going 110+mph and I don't believe the dealership will even attempt to recreate.....yes the TSB is for 06, but you can always try.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have a high-pitched whistling noise after the engine is warm. Sounds like a vacuum leak in the intake manifold. I had my exhaust guy run a stethoscope around the engine bay and he hears it most right across the center of the manifold. Sigh.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a similar noise. To me it sounds more like the dry speedometer cable in an older car but the charger is electronic. I got it when I first took a trip and hit 70 mph.
Then again when I would hit 80 now I hardly hear it any more unless a rig passes close to me on the opposite side while I’m doing over 70 mph. the dealer could not duplicate and called quits.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2006 Daytona (#104) and at 60 MPH I had an irritating whistling noise coming from the right front. The noise usually only occurred between 60 and 70 MPH. After SEVERAL attempts it was determine to be an air leak noise coming from the upper right windshield area. The dealer resealed the trim and it did cut the noise down by 80%. Hope this helps good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts