Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
i am new to this forum. i drive a 06 SXT. when i apply brake, i feel that only front wheels brake applies. front wheels lock even at 20/30 kmh. i suspect that the rear wheel doesn't work.
can someone confirm if the problem is a known one and what could be the cause. is it the faulty proportion valve.
thanks in advance for any favors...

·
Premium Member
8,813 Posts
How are the front pads and rotors? They sound like they are probably bad...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
thnx jonny. i had installed AC Delco pads 5 months ago on all the four wheels. they have done 10,000 km only. i hv got my front discs machined last week. while rear discs were machined with the new pads 5 months ago. i have this locking problem since when i purchased this car 1 year ago. any clues... ?

·
Premium Member
8,813 Posts
You had it done at a shop, or did it yourself?

Curious why the shop didn't test it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got the whole job done at a shop by a mechanic. when i replace the pads fornt and rear both were working fine. now i think that the rear brake is not working as much as the front ones are. front wheel should not lock also. when apply little hard brake, front wheels skidd while the rear ones still moving.
no luck so far... some one told that it might be the bad proportion valve....

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Sounds like the ABS is not working properly. The tires should not be locking up. Has anyone tried to bleed the brakes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts