Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone shed some light on what oil filter I should use for a 2019 charger scat pack? I believe there’s a Mopar basic and the Mopar SRT? I don’t wanna do anything to void the warranty. And I would greatly appreciate a part number. Because every time I try and look one up online I Come up with discrepancies.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
John:
I am sure plenty of folks will jump in. You might check the owners manual.
Here is what I found with a quick Google search.

2016-2020 Mopar Engine Oil Filter 4884899AC |
$7.50 - ‎In stock
2016-2020 Mopar part # 4884899AC - Engine Oil Filter. ... 2019 Dodge Challenger, R/T Scat Pack, R/T Scat Pack Widebody, SRT Hellcat, SRT Hellcat Redeye, SRT ... 2017 Dodge Challenger, R/T Scat Pack, SRT 392, SRT Hellcat, T/A 392, 6.2L V8 - Gas, 6.4L V8 - Gas ... 2019 Dodge Charger, SRT Hellcat, 6.2L V8 - Gas.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
John,

Don is correct. The filter called out is part number 4884899AC. The filter box is also marked MO 899.

Erik

Reactions: JohnK-NJ

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
The 899 is a fine filter, can even get it at Walmart.

Many run the SRT 041 but it was only the standard filter on Viper so that's why it won't come up for anything else. It's OK too although can't go wrong with the filter that came on your car, the 899.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
211 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Curious - what's the pros & cons of using the 041 filter vs the 899?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Curious - what's the pros & cons of using the 041 filter vs the 899?
Higher flow rate so better for track rpm, for street? Debatable.

Synthetic filter media.

Higher bypass ratio so on a cold start more oil would get filtered, the 899 might divert oil around the filter.

It's a toss up. SRT published an article on this but now hard to find but basically said they recommended the 041 for track use and for street, stay with the 899.

There was also some bad 041s showing up and they leaked.

The 041 is made by WIX to FCA specs in Poland and there is no exact WIX aftermarket replacement, it's a totally unique filter.

Standard equipment on Viper.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
And cost can be added to the pros and cons. MO899 are a dime a dozen compared to SRT

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bringing costs into line:
MO 899 - out the door of Walmart was just under $7.00 incl VA sales tax

MO 041 - friend working for dealership got one for me at his net (discount) price $12.67 incl sales tax. For example, [email protected] lists it $11.47 + s&h. Obvious external difference to the MO 899 other than markings are the considerably larger oil passage holes.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
What does your owners manual list, if it lists an oil filter part number.

I don't know why some sites says MO 899 does not fit your 2019 Scat Pack. Both Wal Mart and Auto Zone both say it does not fit the 2019 Scat Pack 392.

But O-Reilly says it does. Rock Auto says it does by 4884899AC which is MO 899. And Amazon says MO 899 fits.

·
Registered
146 Posts
jkim1978, the "such as walmart? " is because the Walmart link that you've referenced is screwed-up. The 'MOPAR world' tells us/you that the MO899 is the OE oil filter for the 6.4L in Scatpacs. Assume you've opened Walmart's MO899 product page/listing and did their "CHECK FIT". Note the small print occurring just below the large picture of the MO899 filter which is Walmark's link to "report incorrect product information".. You have the opportunity to do that..

·
Registered
10 Posts
jkim1978, the "such as walmart? " is because the Walmart link that you've referenced is screwed-up. The 'MOPAR world' tells us/you that the MO899 is the OE oil filter for the 6.4L in Scatpacs. Assume you've opened Walmart's MO899 product page/listing and did their "CHECK FIT". Note the small print occurring just below the large picture of the MO899 filter which is Walmark's link to "report incorrect product information".. You have the opportunity to do that..
Thank you for the confirmation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts