Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEWBIE Question...

:driving:

What is the oldest MY that fully supports IPOD (MY-Model Year)

I am looking at trading my Subaru STi for something a bit larger and I have been wanting a Charger or a Magnum for some time now. I will probably choose the Magnum because of the extra space.

ANYWAYS...

I am not familiar with the radio models that have the most support but in my searching through the site it looks like there is a kit for the RER radio that supports iPOD

So not to cause confusion I don't care about iPhone integration as I am a Verizon fan

Basically I want Steering wheel controls of the iPod (I have a Touch) and I want Nav.

Is the RER radio the right model? How can I tell what the model radios are? Does the RER have NAV.

What MY is the correct radio available in for either the Charger or Magnum?

Is the MY2006 too early?

I know, a million questions...

Thanks in advance for your help while I am on the hunt for the right car :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 2005-2007 LX's have the REC which does fully support ipod hook-ups but an additional kit is required....

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=51472
Thanks for the link!

Looks like it replaces Sirius. Cool. I have not listend to my Sirius since I got my ipod so I wont miss it

I saw a question about bugs on the thread. Can you enlighten me as to what the bugs might be (if any)?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Im not sure, I dont have any hands on experience with one of those, just been planning on buying one.

to answer some of your other questions...

for 2005 -2007 models:
REC - 6 disc MP3/CD with NAV and VES(if equipped)
RAQ - 6 disc MP3/CD
RAK - 6 disc CD w/ tape deck
REF - single disc CD

2008&+ models: Im not too sure about because i havent researched them much but are "MyGIG" which has a hard drive in it... you could probably store all of your ipod music in one of them. Plus 2 models (RER + REK?) allow video playback while only the RER has NAV

·
Registered
201 Posts
Im not sure, I dont have any hands on experience with one of those, just been planning on buying one.

to answer some of your other questions...

for 2005 -2007 models:
REC - 6 disc MP3/CD with NAV and VES(if equipped)
RAQ - 6 disc MP3/CD
RAK - 6 disc CD w/ tape deck
REF - single disc CD

2008&+ models: Im not too sure about because i havent researched them much but are "MyGIG" which has a hard drive in it... you could probably store all of your ipod music in one of them. Plus 2 models (RER + REK?) allow video playback while only the RER has NAV
The 08 and 09 has the RER n REN
RER-has navi, fm, am, dvd playback, n optional siruis
REN-fm, am, dvd playback, n optional sirius
You can put the REN or RER in ur 05-07 put u need the lockpick and have to retrofit the bezel but i dont think u need to no that jus yet lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
if you get one with the VES (video entertainment system) all you need is a acable with the 2 rca plugs to a headphone jack. plug it in to the rca hook ups in the back seat and your golden. thats what i do and it only cost me $20. works like a champ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you get one with the VES (video entertainment system) all you need is a acable with the 2 rca plugs to a headphone jack. plug it in to the rca hook ups in the back seat and your golden. thats what i do and it only cost me $20. works like a champ

Does that include Steering wheel controls?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts