Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have literally got a headache from trying to find the head unit I want for my SRT8. It came with a single disc tuner from factory, no VES or anything. I want a unit that will enable me with navigation, rear backup camera, touch screen capabilities as well as video in motion. I know I need the lockpick for the VIM and the rear camera. But there are RER, REN, REC, REU. I got tired of looking on E*ay. I wanted to ask you guys what it will take to work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have literally got a headache from trying to find the head unit I want for my SRT8. It came with a single disc tuner from factory, no VES or anything. I want a unit that will enable me with navigation, rear backup camera, touch screen capabilities as well as video in motion. I know I need the lockpick for the VIM and the rear camera. But there are RER, REN, REC, REU. I got tired of looking on E*ay. I wanted to ask you guys what it will take to work.
Mine is RER and with lockpick, it has all of these capabilities.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2008 SXT with the stock head unit and want the myGig touchscreen with navigation. Do I want the RER as well? I too, was confused with the different model numbers.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
RER is what you want

RER came in my 08 R/T. It has the AM/FM/Sirius/CD/DVD/MP3/WMA/NAV and big ole hard drive. Add the lockpick and you're good to go.:beerchug:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ah, thank you. Now I just need to find a place to get one without breaking the bank :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a 2008 SXT with the stock head unit and want the myGig touchscreen with navigation. Do I want the RER as well? I too, was confused with the different model numbers.
Be careful about which one you get; even within the RER, REQ, etc stuff, there are different head units. I have a 2008 SRT-8 with all options, and I have the RER radio which has Mygig, Sirius Satellite & traffic, however no capability for Sirius Video for Backseat TV; I am still researching, however there maybe different head units even though they may all say RER on the front...........

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Be careful about which one you get; even within the RER, REQ, etc stuff, there are different head units. I have a 2008 SRT-8 with all options, and I have the RER radio which has Mygig, Sirius Satellite & traffic, however no capability for Sirius Video for Backseat TV; I am still researching, however there maybe different head units even though they may all say RER on the front...........
Good point. I was just going off the fact that he stated he would probably go the Lockpick route in which case the Sirius Backseat TV would be irrelevant as he could have any Video source he wanted. It wasn't exactly clear though. Thanks for the catch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts