Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which CAI are you using and how do you like it? I'm trying to figure out which one to get and just looking for some useful input. I've had K&N replacement drop ins, but I'm looking for a little something more. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It was a little more than the K&N...but worth it. I LOVE the Mopar CAI!!! The sound is AWESOME!!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i just got my volant in the mail saturday. should have it installed before thankgiving. i'll let u know what i think of it then!

·
Registered
381 Posts
AFE Stage 2 is what I have. It really sounds good.

·
Registered
990 Posts
There was a test done awhile ago, and if I remember correctly the AFE II and the Hammer were the only ones that showed a statistical improvement (+9-10HP) the rest were below 5hp.

I would go with the AFE II.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I love the Mopar one. I am replacing the filter with the AMSOIL one, but other then that is looks and sounds GREAT.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
There was a test done awhile ago, and if I remember correctly the AFE II and the Hammer were the only ones that showed a statistical improvement (+9-10HP) the rest were below 5hp.

I would go with the AFE II.
yea i remember that. only thing wrong w/ it is they never tested the volant.

plus cai's dont really show their gains on dynos.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am adding the K&N 57-1542 this week they boast 21+ HP gain on the Dynojet. Probably not so but gotta love the sound. If you havn't seen the results check out the link below.
http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/57-1542.pdf

·
Registered
708 Posts
There was independent testing done - some say it was inconclusive - but it had Airhammer and AFE on top, in that order. AFE is the cheaper of the two. i bought an AFE.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts