Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost put money down on the GoManGo Daytona but I wanted to wait to see if they come out with the Plum Crazy Purple one. My hubby wants the SRT8. My question is which one will be the better investment the Daytona or the SRT8? Thanks
:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
neither are a good investment.... unless you plan to buy them, drain all the fluids and keep them in a climate controlled storage for 30-40 years.....

then hope that 30-40 years from now they will be worth anything anyway.... :)

if the above is not the case.... buy what makes you happy..... :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,199 Posts
Agreed, don't buy either car as an investment. And better is different for each person, dependaent upon your criteria.

Mpg = Daytona

Exclusivity = Daytona (only 4K made of each color)

Price = Daytona, if you can get it for sticker, my dealer has one, wants 5K over, which makes it 37K.

Speed, handling, any performance category you can measure = SRT-8
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
391 Posts
Dodge Girl said:
I almost put money down on the GoManGo Daytona but I wanted to wait to see if they come out with the Plum Crazy Purple one. My hubby wants the SRT8. My question is which one will be the better investment the Daytona or the SRT8? Thanks
:)
If your talking long term investment, I think it boils down to getting the vehicle that will be the most rare. I think the Daytona will outsell the SRT-8, simply due to price.... so, I think the SRT-8 is going to be the best "investment" and hold its value alot better then the Daytonas, but you'll also have a higher up front cost.

Either way, I dont believe you should buy either car as an "investment" monetarily, anyway. Buy whichever car you prefer and will have more fun in, and enjoy your investment in "quality of life" instead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
As a guy who modifies his car I look at it this way:
$33K for Dayton + $2500 for wheels/tires + $1000 for suspension + $4000 for brakes + $800 for headers
OR
$36K for SRT8 which already has 20's, lowered with Brembo brakes and headers.
:D
Notice I didn't even discuss the HP difference which will cost between $1500 (nitrous) to $3500 or more (heads/cam) to keep up with the 6.1. The SRT8's will be good for low 13/high 12 in the right conditions as compared to mid to high 14's in the Daytona.
If you order the SRT8 from a good dealer (dealer have been posted on this and other forums that will do this) you'll get it at sticker (or less) and delivered in a few months.
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
buy the str-8 or you will be sorry.i had the choice to get a 68 road runner with the 383 or spend 600 more and get the hemi.i got the 383 and was sorry i got it over the hemi.the gas mileage was almost the same.i had 3.23 gears and buddy had hemi with 3.54 gears and we were almost the same with me being on avg 1.5 mpg better thats it.stock i went 13.98 at 99 mph he went 13.20 at 105 mph
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,199 Posts
Hey, but you got a recognizable name out of the deal:) Oh, my PM box has room now.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
I think the ultimate car would have been the gomango daytona,with the srt-8 hood scoop,6.1L engine and the srt-8 options,but with the daytona markings!!!!!Just thinking about,sounds awesome!!! Would love to see a photoshop of one. :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well thanks for all the help. I still haven't decided yet but I'm sure wich ever one it is we'll be happy with it. What are the production numbers for the SRT-8 for 2006? As far as an invesment, This car will be for recreation only it will not be driven daily. My husband is a DCX employee so we will get the EP. He is also a car collector so it will be well taken car of. Thanks again
:happy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,199 Posts
AFAIK, EP is not applicable to SRT-8s. Estimated numbers for 06 in my opinion is about 5-6K. Of course, there are a lot of factors that could drop that number. Really, dont take production numbers into account. In my opinion, at auction, a lower numbered car will not hold value to a better equipped one. If they only made 3,000 V6 Mustangs and 5,000 GTs, which will hold value better? Take the Indy Pace Car version of almost any car ever made. Limited numbers, but no extra performance = no extra dollars.

Deicde which car best fits what you plan to do, and wil make you happiest. Myself, I could not be happy with anything less than SRT power levels. But that's me. Drive an R/T with a performance package, its identically equipped powerwise as a Daytona.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,199 Posts
I dont believe that, Johnny. The 2003 SRT-4 got a much later start, with the first cars being made in Dec 02, and very few of those, if any. Earliest ones I can recall were Jan 03. Even so, they whipped out 3,275 of them. That was with prodution running from Jan to June. So with an additional 4 months, how many cars can you build?

The factors that make it hard to predict is that the Brampton plant also makes two other hot sellers, which takes away from SRT-8 production. But they are also running full bore, three shifts and maximum overtime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
the last thing I heard from the plant IIRC is they build about 30 SRT8's total a month right now... that is the 300 and magnum combined... ....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,426 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
the last thing I heard from the plant IIRC is they build about 30 SRT8's total a month right now... that is the 300 and magnum combined... ....

No I heard from a worker at brampton that they biuld about 11 per shift and there are three shifts, so its probably like 30 per day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
yup 30 per day... I was right on the 30... wrong on the time... (just went and looked)

I said IIRC (if I recall correctly).... and I guess I didn't..... LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
GLHS837 said:
I dont believe that, Johnny. The 2003 SRT-4 got a much later start, with the first cars being made in Dec 02, and very few of those, if any. Earliest ones I can recall were Jan 03. Even so, they whipped out 3,275 of them. That was with prodution running from Jan to June. So with an additional 4 months, how many cars can you build?

The factors that make it hard to predict is that the Brampton plant also makes two other hot sellers, which takes away from SRT-8 production. But they are also running full bore, three shifts and maximum overtime.
Yeah, but don't forget the 300c srt-8 started around the same time for the 2005 models and by years end there was only about 256 of them built the first year! I'm going to stick with my number of less than 500 this last part of the first model year, and next year will be a much greater total in the thousands. It's just a gut feeling I have. :wink:I believe especially the first year will be the most collectible car of the chargers with the limited number built of less than 500. Time will tell. :happy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,199 Posts
One fact I did not kow ut that evidently the model year switch is March in Brampton, as opposed to June for Belvidere.

Here's the numbers for the 300C. And keep in mind, the 300 was the lead, and therefore should have discovered most the bumps in the process.

2005 models: 220 Production from Feb to March (2 months)
2006 models: 1329 Production from March to Aug. (5 months)

So a little more than double the time led to more than 5X the production. Of course, time will tell. See you back here in Mar, after the year is done:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
GLHS837 said:
One fact I did not kow ut that evidently the model year switch is March in Brampton, as opposed to June for Belvidere.

Here's the numbers for the 300C. And keep in mind, the 300 was the lead, and therefore should have discovered most the bumps in the process.

2005 models: 220 Production from Feb to March (2 months)
2006 models: 1329 Production from March to Aug. (5 months)

So a little more than double the time led to more than 5X the production. Of course, time will tell. See you back here in Mar, after the year is done:)
Yea, those 200 plus cars for the 2005 model,the orders were taken in oct. of late 2005 (like the charger srt-8 in sept)and people didn't start receiving them until late dec through feb and part of march of 2006 equaling around 200 plus models,soo I am being generous thinking that their will be 500 for the first initial run for the 2006 charger srt-8. I think the 2006 charger srt-8,along with the 2005 300c srt-8 will be the rarest of the rare!! We'll see.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,199 Posts
Hang on a minute, While folks gave money on them, and maybe even ordered them, that has no bearing on this. It's the production time that counts. and from what I can tell, no cars were produced til Feb.

I can find no evidence of any cars being delivered til Mar, but maybe some did in Feb.

Since the Charger starts production 5 months earlier, Sept, vice Feb, and has the benefit of most of the supply chain/production line issues being worked out, like the Kicker system, I'm willing to be bet a whole lot more 06 SRT Chargers than 05 300C SRTs.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top