• Whiteboy.ca SRT Hood

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • Tru Fiber 2" Cowl hood

Votes: 10 20.8%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really close to getting a new hood for my R/T. Which would look better? I'm thinking of either the Whiteboy SRT style hood or Tru Fiber with a 2" cowl. Which do you think would like best? I called dealer and they said an SRT hood is approximately $1,900 :eek: Price between these two hoods doesn't matter much (there's only approximately $30/difference)

Hood from Whiteboy.ca:

Tru Fiber Hood:

Honestly, I can't tell the difference between the two.

Thanks for your input! :bigthumb:

· Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, post why you like the one hood over the other :bigthumb:

Thanks!

· Premium Member
18,853 Posts
The Stock looking Whiteboy one. Dodge nailed it with that design and it and hoods very close to it are all I like so there's my reason. :D

· Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Stock looking Whiteboy one. Dodge nailed it with that design and it and hoods very close to it are all I like so there's my reason. :D
:bigthumb: Thanks! I really like the Whiteboy hood too. I just can't believe Chrysler is charging almost $2,000 plus tax for a hood...not a transmission...a hood. :alfdance:

Thanks again! :)

· Registered
1,216 Posts
thats what I voted! :D

· Registered
5,226 Posts
I like the look a little better.

· Registered
830 Posts
I personally love the SRT hood but only if its with the SRT Bumper I am not a fan of them on R/T Bodies.

· Registered
7,224 Posts
the srt hood looks much more cleaner!!!

· Registered
1,775 Posts
OEM hood, the first pic... the second looks a little boxy IMO, I love the oem style :D

· Registered
1,361 Posts
The Whiteboy version. Same reason as most everyone else - Dodge really nailed it down on theirs, the lines are smooth and looks clean.

The price for the Hood, as well as most other cool parts parts seems to keep going up...at what point do they go down? I remember when the Hoods were like $1095, Corsa about the same...and even that new Getrag LSD was like a G a few months ago when it first came out what's it now; $1400-1500

Anyways you have my opinion. One question though: Why only the 3" Cowl? Is roof/hoodline/visibility an issue...i thought i read only the 3" or larger really get any air flowing in the bay.

· Registered
6,730 Posts
what about the chally or ramairhood?

· Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the srt hood looks much more cleaner!!!
Yes it does :bigthumb:

OEM hood, the first pic... the second looks a little boxy IMO, I love the oem style :D
I like it too

I like the first one better. The second one looks like they added the scoop on as an after thought.
It kind of does. Still looks nice though :bigthumb:

The Whiteboy version. Same reason as most everyone else - Dodge really nailed it down on theirs, the lines are smooth and looks clean.

The price for the Hood, as well as most other cool parts parts seems to keep going up...at what point do they go down? I remember when the Hoods were like $1095, Corsa about the same...and even that new Getrag LSD was like a G a few months ago when it first came out what's it now; $1400-1500

Anyways you have my opinion. One question though: Why only the 3" Cowl? Is roof/hoodline/visibility an issue...i thought i read only the 3" or larger really get any air flowing in the bay.
I'm not really getting the hood for performance. It's for looks :rocker:

what about the chally or ramairhood?
I haven't really looked at those hoods very much. I really like the SRT design I think.

whiteboy hood:beerchug:
I really like it - and the price is amazing! :rocker:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.