Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in California? Are both LT and ST legal heer?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Only the shorties. No long tubes are street legal in Cali as they move the cats.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
but now you should ask. how many californians have LT's? and How many of yall have had inspection problems?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
ya California sucks. I am glad I don't live there.
I'm sure a lot of Californians like myself wouldnt ever want to live in a place like Missouri

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
hahahahaha this is gonna be good, i can already tell.

if you like smog and hippies goto cali *throws gas on the fire*

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hahaha, alright. Well, which are the best ST headers? I want to get some put on my 5.7L. I have the Borla Agressive Catback 125 exhaust system right now.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
the only(and if theyre not then dont waste time on others) shorty headers for our chargers are made my JBA.

they come in 3 pieces. the shorty headers. the catted mid pipes. the cat back. you have a cat back so scratch the last part.

there is a very comprehensive thread on short vslong tubes going on at the moment(and not comprehensive at some times) if you want to learn more about what shorties do for your car.

there is also a sale going on right now from... ugh. who is it.. one of the Forum Vendors on every single piece of the jba exhaust system for absolutely lucridrous prices that are not worth missing if you plan on getting these headers. this sale ends sept 31'st at 11:59 pm.

i think im gettin in on this myself. good luck :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah Calif is such a terrible place yeah thats it so dont more here!

:)

·
Registered
928 Posts
hahah yeah the long vs short tube headers is SO comprehensive, even how the headers staste has been tossed in there ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O awesome. Well, 2 things.

a.) People keep asking me what headers do, and I don't know how to explain it to them in a "dumbed down mannor". I know the headers are what feed the eshaust fumes to the pipes. What else is there to say to someone car illiterate?

b.) Who, in your opinion, makes the best short tube headers?

·
Registered
928 Posts
headers, allow your engine to breath better. they help to pull the burned fuel and air from the engine and send it out of back end of the car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
in California? Are both LT and ST legal heer?
Question #1: WHAT DO WE HAVE INSTALLED...? We have Mopar LT headers installed. The car is licensed in California and garaged in Las Vegas...after 5 years, I will license it in Nevada to avoid any California inspector "problems" with the installation.

Question #2: WHAT DO THEY DO...? The MOPARs don't throw CEL's, and they add major Horsepower. I just drive em, man....I don't know how they work.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
JBA makes the best shorties. period.

headers help to create a vacuum sort of to extract exhaust from your cylinders. the more flow you have.. the more you have going out the back end.. thus the more that can be sucked out........................./................. sorry my period key just came off hadda push it back on.

but. they basically allow free'er flowing exhaust out of your cylinders as well as helping to suck every last ounce of exhaust out with the higher rate of flow..................../.................................//////////////////////.... omg there it is again.

i hope that is basic enough sounding, im not even quite sure of the best way to put it... it just does :p

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hahaha, looks like you need a new keyboard :p. Ok, so do headers pollute the air more as well? Or do they emmit the same ammount of pollution?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
laptops tend to have expensive keyboards ;( its just one key that will fall off every once in a while and i have to jam it back on. as you can see i was far too lazy to even go get rid of all those periods too haha

·
Registered
928 Posts
no you will not produce more "smog" with headers. in fact you may produce less due to your engine working more efficiently. the cats are what "scrub" the air coming out anyway, headers have nothing to do with that. look for your cats to have a CARB cert number, its califonia air something board. and if its good enough for cali all other states will acccept it.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
:awkward: Just think of your engine as a big air pump, the better it breaths, the better it runs, I think the Mopar headers and cats are cal. cert. I think, anyway, that what I have and they run great.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts