Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the whole auto-world. I'm doing my research and reading to try and learn more and more each day. I am going to be installing headers and a cat-back exhaust to my R/T and I was wondering what everyone think is the best bang for your buck?

As for the headers....JBA? Kooks? Mopar?

And for the exhaust....Borla? Corsa? Magnaflow?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and an advice as well?

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I am new to the whole auto-world. I'm doing my research and reading to try and learn more and more each day. I am going to be installing headers and a cat-back exhaust to my R/T and I was wondering what everyone think is the best bang for your buck?

For headers I would go with Kooks, catbacks I would go with magnaflow.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The best feedback I can give you is to read these forums, and read some more. Also, if you have meet and greets in your area, go and listen to some exhausts there. You'll get a better idea of what sounds you like, and don't like.

·
Registered
323 Posts

Give me a call. I will answer all you questions!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
best bang for buck headers are definitely mopar/AEM

best bang for buck cat back- mainly depends on what you're looking for sound wise. the ones on my list would be cherry bomb ($300), volant ($550?), and my personal favorite: BX by bassani ($550) the JBA is pretty cheap too, and all those systems sound awesome.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
best bang for buck headers are definitely mopar/AEM

best bang for buck cat back- mainly depends on what you're looking for sound wise. the ones on my list would be cherry bomb ($300), volant ($550?), and my personal favorite: BX by bassani ($550) the JBA is pretty cheap too, and all those systems sound awesome.
I've decided on the Kooks for my headers w/ the high-flow cats.

As for the exhaust, I'm unsure. I've heard a bunch of them in person. The Cherry Bombs and Zoomers were OK. I really like the Borla 125's and Bassani BX's but I just can't decide.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Corsa is nice for exhaust, my personal favorite is billyboat though.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have JBA headers, JBA mid pipes w/hi flow cats, with a Bassani cat-back. It's a little on the louder side, but that's how I like it. :D

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I am gonna throw my favorites in the mix too . . . .

Mopar headers, Borla catback :)
agreed :)
even though it isnt my setup. its what i would go for had i the bones.
borla 125 that is

·
Registered
507 Posts
for the headers i went mopar. i havnt installed yet but i hear they make great gains and dont throw codes. if you get KOOKS your will problably want a diablo to prevent CEL.

as for exhaust its all personal preference. i had zoomers and liked it but wanted somthing mor agressive so i went with SLP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts