Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Charger Scat Pack
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just signed up for the forum, and had a quick question. If this isn’t the place to ask, I apologize and will delete if needed. My question is I’m wanting to upgrade to a Fastman TB but, not sure which one would be the best application for my car. 19’ SP with cat back exhaust, HC intake box, Billet catch can. Those are the only things I have done. I can’t tune it due to the warranty restrictions. But with the lite bolt ons I wasn’t sure if the oversized TB is worth it or not, or should I go with the standard mod?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Return on investment isn't worth it unless you get a good used one or someone gives you one. Stock TB is plenty big; it's the same size on all the hemis until you get to the Hellcat.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Scat Pack
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha. I’m looking for some crisper throttle response though, that’s the only reason I was asking. I’ve seen some Scats on YouTube benefit pretty significantly on the oversized.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Gotcha. I’m looking for some crisper throttle response though, that’s the only reason I was asking. I’ve seen some Scats on YouTube benefit pretty significantly on the oversized.
Perhaps, but how modified were those cars? Tunes at least I'm willing to bet and you don't even have that. Ultimately your choice though.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Scat Pack
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I may have misrepresented what I was looking for, and/or confused you. First off, I appreciate your replies to my question. I’m only looking for throttle response not any significant gains as far as power. Also, when I used the term oversized I’m referring to the Fastman 84mm TB not anything 90mm or over, such as an HC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I may have misrepresented what I was looking for, and/or confused you. First off, I appreciate your replies to my question. I’m only looking for throttle response not any significant gains as far as power. Also, when I used the term oversized I’m referring to the Fastman 84mm TB not anything 90mm or over, such as an HC.
Fastman 84mm TB or MMX 87mm TB will be just fine. The majority of your gains will be seen on the low end of your torque. Match those with a Legmaker CAI, JLT CAI, or the hellcat air inbox w/ K&N drop in filter and you will be fine. As always a tune will always give you the best out of your performance parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts