·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Black would be my first choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am leaning towards black also, I like the way these rotors have that wet, glossy, black look, but cant decide if chrome would pop more behind my rims.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Just picked up a 2011 RT PLUS.. car is red. What color brake rotors would you go with? Red, black, gold, chrome, blue? I can't decide what would look best.. rims are black.

http://www.brakeworld.com/ProductList.aspx?c=1&y=2011&m=DODGE&mod=CHARGER

is anyone using stainless lines on their car? are they worth it?
I wouldn't think the color would last very long on the rotors, wouldn't it all wear away after a few thousand miles of brake usage? The rotor is going to pick up the material from the brake pads which I think would eventually cover the rotors' finish.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I REALLY hope you're talking about painting your calipers and not your rotors. PLEASE tell me that is what you meant.

·
Registered
84 Posts
these actually look pretty cool but i am also very skeptical as to how well the color would hold up

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
I REALLY hope you're talking about painting your calipers and not your rotors. PLEASE tell me that is what you meant.
Well the way I understand it from the link above it is the rotors, and they come prepainted, but not the part that the pads rub on. Just the center.

·
Registered
84 Posts
the whole thing looks painted to me

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Well the way I understand it from the link above it is the rotors, and they come prepainted, but not the part that the pads rub on. Just the center.
The whole thing is colored, which doesn't make much sense to me, like I previously noted. I think there is a reason no one uses these types of rotors.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have talked with several pro's regarding this & they advised NOT to paint the rotors. It could possibly cause brake failure not to mention the color would come off or get dirty anyway. As for painting the calipers, depends on if you want them to stand out or blend in with everything else. With your same colors (red car/black rims) I've seen white, yellow & even a tan type color. G2 has a lot to choose from as well as the lesser expensive Duplicolor. Again, it all depends on what your lookin for.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
The whole thing is colored, which doesn't make much sense to me, like I previously noted. I think there is a reason no one uses these types of rotors.
Well in that case stay away from them, I cannot see that ending well at all.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Here's mine. My rotors are silver, calipers red, and brake bracket black.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Trimmed out center caps on the rotors...yea, that isn't so bad, as long as it's subtle.

But the ones they have on there that the whole thing is colored...personally I think they look horrible...and would look even worse once you started using them...but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Trimmed out center caps on the rotors...yea, that isn't so bad, as long as it's subtle.

But the ones they have on there that the whole thing is colored...personally I think they look horrible...and would look even worse once you started using them...but that's just me.
See I thought it was the center cap also, then I vote black, but if the whole thing is painted, Idk about you but I wanna stop when I hit the brakes!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts