Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 2006 SE 3.5L HO. I want a K&N CAI but i don't know what other options are avalible to me. I want Performance as well as ascetics without spending allot of money. I thank you for any advice / suggestions you can give.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I Have a 2006 SE 3.5L HO. I want a K&N CAI but i don't know what other options are avalible to me. I want Performance as well as ascetics without spending allot of money. I thank you for any advice / suggestions you can give.
if you dont wanna get caught up in the "my intake is the best" wars, brah.... what you have now is more than enough.

theres not gonna be a single magical intake that completely outperforms the rest, unless you are speaking of forced induction.

check this post as well... http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47831

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I think I've decided on the K&N... But the dealership cant argue warranty issues if i use MOPAR......... Oh the heck with the dealership ive always liked K&N !!!!!!!

Thanks again for pointing me to the best thread.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Best CAI for your Charger? Hmm... how about somehow installing a leaf blower on your intake? That'll give you some power. Just gotta find out how to electricaly install it though... Lol
J/k

·
Registered
232 Posts
I bought a cone filter from autozone that fits inside the 4" stock intake hose opening (some vehicles have 3 or 3 & 1/2 systems but the filters I buy will work for any of these as they have adapters) for $25, removed the stock airbox (not completely necessary, but looks better). I do this to all of my vehicles as a cheaper alternative to the CAI systems.

·
Registered
391 Posts
i have the airaid, and i really like it, its not a complete cai, but it looks good

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Thank you, I think I've decided on the K&N... But the dealership cant argue warranty issues if i use MOPAR......... Oh the heck with the dealership ive always liked K&N !!!!!!!

look up Magnusson-Moss Warranty act of 1972.

basically it states if you add any aftermarket, the dealer has to PROVE that the said part caused the damage....

intake to intake theres not gonna be a major difference, so if something did happen, they really would have to explain why and how.

just info to know offhand:grin:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all.. Great wealth of knowledge.. Im so glad i found chargerforums.com

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Since your car is silver, I'd go with the Mopar. Would match nicely.

·
Registered
260 Posts

Why is your car in a cemetery? Thats kinda creepy bro, K&N is just fine, they're a trusted name and been in the business for quite some time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was visiting the family plot, and the car just looked too cool not to snap a few pics

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts