Charger Forums banner

What is your deciding factor on where you spend your hard earned money?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
a=vendors whose websites work and pictures come up
b=cheap prices
c=vendors who respond to pm ?'s and dont say call me for your answers

·
Registered
507 Posts
my main thing is even though a vendor might have a great price, if they dont pick up the phone when i call or leave a message, ill move on to a vendor with the closest price that will. reason being is what if the product is wrong? then how can i trust to get a hold of a vendor to get an exchange.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
my main thing is even though a vendor might have a great price, if they dont pick up the phone when i call or leave a message, ill move on to a vendor with the closest price that will. reason being is what if the product is wrong? then how can i trust to get a hold of a vendor to get an exchange.
X2. I'll search around the internet to get the best ballpark price. Then it's
all about the personal contact with the vendor. Can I reach them? Do they
take a few moments with me on the phone and seem knowledgeable about
the product they're selling? If so they've earned my business.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I want a vendor who is just going to sell me an item because it fits on my car.

If its the best, i want them to tell me why, how they have applied it. If its decent but not the best, but a good price, i want to know that. A vendor that beats around the bush to make an extra buck is the most irritating thing in the world.

I look for a vendor who has spent a LOT of time working on my cars platform. They will be the most knowledgable with first hand experience, by their own hands... as well as having installed/sold/worked with many otehrs of the same platform.

Experience and knowlegability(sp? lawl) are first, with being personalized with the customer a close second.

Everyone knows the prices are gonna be close enough to be competetive, and i am more than willing to shell a few extra bucks to a vendor who deserves my money more because they remembered my name, what i ordered, and were able to help me the most when it comes to narrowing my options.

·
Registered
236 Posts
X3

·
Registered
430 Posts
I like to feel like I'm one of the most important customers a vendor has. I like someone to respond to me by name, remember my likes and dislikes and can recall other service or purchases I had in the past. I will pay more for individual attention and service. I also like to know that if I'm willing to pay more for using that vendor that the job is going to be done above and beyond my expectations. This is what brings me back and gets me to refer everyone I know to a vendor.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I work in retail, and in my opinion, I want a vendor who does what they say they are going to do, and is easy to communicate with. If I pm, I expect an answer within a couple days. I don't expect one right away, because I am sure thet are getting a million pm's, and they can't be online 24/7. When I call, I want a response within 4 hours if I couldn't speak to someone right away. If I was in their shop, I want their nearly undivided attention.
This is the net, and we all know there are as many flakes on here as serious buyers, and I understand that there may be plenty of folks with pipe dreams for their car. "Ohhh I want a twin turbo 426 and at least 700 hp and I wanna buy one next week...."
That being said, I will almost always return to a vendor, regardless of price, if they have been good to me in the past on any transaction. IE, Ridergraphics has recieved plenty of my money. They are not the cheapest, and some will tell you that other companies are as good on quality. However, Rider has always been fast to respond to my needs, outstanding in quality, ridiculously fast in shipping my orders, including custom requests, and I could not be happier with them.
This last month I have sent several pm's to several of the performance slanted companies, such as 402, HHP, and PPP. ALL of their reps have been VERY helpful, insanely fast at responding to PM's, and the ones I have talked to on the phone have been very knowledgable. They all use their own products, and that is also a huge plus. Why would I use something that they wouldn't? Because they all can provide what I am looking for in terms of quality, service, and power, I will probably go with the best price, but only because that would be the only difference between them.
There are also a couple vendors on here who seem to have gone out of their way to get my business. 1 is BT, who has offered to send me some product to see it, and try it, to see if I like it, without me even asking! They are getting some of my mod money in the near future. MPSC has also been GREAT at putting together products that I wanted, but that they didnt carry or have!
I have got to say that I feel that 85% of the vendors on here are simply outstanding class act folks, and this community is so much the better for them being here. These folks make me WANT to spend my money with them, and the only way things could be better is if I had more money to spend!
Anyone who has seen my posts knows that I am not shy about praising these wonderful vendors when I love their products, and luckily I have found very few that make me want to throw them under ths bus. lol

ok now vendors where's my 20% discount for the kind words and the plugs. LOL

ps anyone want to sponsor me? lol

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
A Friendly vendor who knows what they are talking about, and wont always try and get you to buy the most expensive thing but will answer questions tailored to your need. also a vendor who is on the forums alot answering questions just to be helpful makes them a top choice, ill pay the extra few dollars to a vendor who has personally helped me with a problem ive had.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts