Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a few thread about people having problems with the Mopar remote starter as well as the Viper alarm/remote start unit. Directed Electronics makes viper. So it it the entire line (viper, hornet, Clifford, Avital, etc) that have problems? Or just the vipers? I'm thinking they all have the same issues since they are may buy the same company. I read a few things about the charging of the 2 way remotes and having to replace them after a certain amount of charges. How true is that? I read a few things about the Mopar distance not being as good, and that it disables your factory alarm. Any truth to that? If the viper alarms/remote start have alot of problems and the Mopar remote start isnt that good. What alarm/remote start should i get? What other brands should i look at?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Mopar remote start does not disable you alarm.

I believe Directed electronics also makes the Mopar starter, but hopefully Steve will see this and pop in to help.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm in the same boat...The Viper 5901 seems really nice on paper, but the I have been reading some not-so-good things about their transmitters and remotes. There is a shop in town that works exclusively with Autopage, which I have heard is pretty decent, but they want a butt-ton of money for a remote start/alarm install.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I think I will be going with Autopage this install. Some of their alarms just look great and the price is decent!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts