Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my HID kit delivered tonight. Curious to hear where you guys are mounting the ballasts. I bought the full kit which is a total of 6 ballasts. I was thinking of fabricating sheet metal plates to mount behind the front facia.

On a side note... Anyone ever hear of a kit that has just one ballast for each side? One that runs 2 or 3 bulbs?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wooow!!..6 ballasts!!..I only have 2 (low Beam) of them.
I put mine right behind the head lights..theres like a metal rail..i got some 3m tape (2 sided from walmart in the auto section) and taped the ballasts on the metal rail..Has never fallen off or anything!..That tape is good!!...just make sure to clean the surface..

·
Registered
809 Posts
Wooow!!..6 ballasts!!..I only have 2 (low Beam) of them.
I put mine right behind the head lights..theres like a metal rail..i got some 3m tape (2 sided from walmart in the auto section) and taped the ballasts on the metal rail..Has never fallen off or anything!..That tape is good!!...just make sure to clean the surface..
Ditto. I also used zip ties in case the tape failed.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have 6 ballasts...Zip tied them all to something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hid lights

This is just a little off topic!!
My problem is not where to mount the ballast. My problem lies with the lights themselves. 3 different sets and the same problem. One light will fire and stay on the other fires comes on then flickers out. The 3 set were in the $80 range has anybody had this problem and if so how did you resolve it. By the way I did have the relay for the computer. If it’s the cheap set that’s great I don’t have a problem spending the money for good ones if I can get them to work. Don’t really know where to start looking for a good set.

Thanx in advance for your help and patience.
Alex
Indiana

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
My problem is not where to mount the ballast. My problem lies with the lights themselves. 3 different sets and the same problem. One light will fire and stay on the other fires comes on then flickers out. The 3 set were in the $80 range has anybody had this problem and if so how did you resolve it. By the way I did have the relay for the computer. If it’s the cheap set that’s great I don’t have a problem spending the money for good ones if I can get them to work. Don’t really know where to start looking for a good set.

Alex
Indiana
Yea I had the same problem.. after doing some research on this wonderful site I found out I need to buy a relay for my kit. But as for my fogs it was just plug and play! :rocker:

·
Registered
462 Posts
DDM Tuning.. just got the lows from them and they work flawlessly. They sell a module with them that prevents flickering. With the module and shipping they were 70 bux.

·
Premium Member
4,005 Posts
Just got my HID kit delivered tonight. Curious to hear where you guys are mounting the ballasts. I bought the full kit which is a total of 6 ballasts. I was thinking of fabricating sheet metal plates to mount behind the front facia.

On a side note... Anyone ever hear of a kit that has just one ballast for each side? One that runs 2 or 3 bulbs?
See the side members that connect to the front bumper? Those are nice and accessible behind the wheel well shroud.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Which set? I see several on here. Also did you get fogs from here as well. Sorry to hijack

·
Registered
787 Posts

Alex
Indiana
If you have not found a solution yet, I believe your problem lies in the actual kits. Mine kept doing what you said. Sometimes both would stay on, then after driving around for a while one side would shut off. I bought a VVME set and replaced them and no longer have the problem. Try changing just one set first.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I mounted mine right on the back of the front bumper. I stuck the low beam and fog light ballasts next to each other, on either side, with double sided tape and secured them with zip ties. Real easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts