Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already guys, hook me up with pics and where to get them! I want one but haven't come across any that truly fit right.... I saw that one that was supposed to be for the charger but was clearly more fit for a mustang....

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
try www.leeparts.com I have never dealt withthem... but seen the wbsite posted on here 400 time or so... :)

Dodge Charger Rear Spoiler

Available in Flat Black
Gives your Charger some awesome attitude
All Mopar spoilers undergo rigorous testing to prevent vibration and to ensure durability
Available for 2006 Dodge Charger
Covered by Mopar's 12 Month/12,000 Mile Parts and Accessories Warranty
PRE-ORDER ETA 8/05
Our Price $380.00

·
Registered
619 Posts
has anyone ordered the spoiler or the rear diffuser from them and recieved it or got word that they had them in stock. the dealerships still have no info.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about a new grille? I want to ditch that standard crosshairs thing

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ordered mine with the car through my salesman (fleet manager). Probably that Mopar accessory one that lists for $380. They had one added to an inventory R/T on their lot - my wife encouraged me to talk that into the sale/order of my car. Somewhere between the 'free' window tinting and $500 over invoice car, I guess the $620 installed and pearl red color matched spoiler isn't too bad a deal (although I did ask him to use Vaseline on the next guy!).

If it was the Mopar accessory, they are much better looking than the tall, thin, J.C.Whitney looking one one the Daytona, and seem to match the 'lines' of the car better than the one I see (in pictures) one the SRT8.

There will be more styles come out as the aftermarket gears up. The longer you wait; the bigger selection (and better looking) they will be for the choosing.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ordered the rear diffuser from leeparts. All items are in transit right now. The spoiler I had install by California Concepts. It was color matched and ran me 475. I will try to post some pics in a few days. I wanted some thing similiar to the Daytona but did not want the curved sides and it was a bit to high.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I ordered the spoiler and honeycomb grille through my dealer for the same prices listed at Leeparts.com. The parts guy quoted me $35 installation for the spoiler and about the same for installing the grille (I forget the exact number.)

I actually like the design of the Daytona spoiler, and I'll probably be leaving it black, which I think will go nicely with my silver steel paint. Of course I'll take a look first before they install, if I do want it painted they said it would be less than $100.

Maybe down the line I'll do the rear diffuser (it does look cool) but I wanna see how things look with the spoiler and grille first.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The grill will look cool. I wonder how hard it is for a DIY?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I did some searching here and at LXforums and apparently it's like a 20 step process. Even if all of those 20 steps are easy, that's a decent amount of time. Since I'm bringing it in for an oil change and the spoiler install anyway, I might as well let them do it.

Yeah, I think it'll look awesome. And for 40 bucks? That's a no-brainer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
NiteHawk

I could be wrong, but the SRT8 wing looks curved, front to rear. More of a 'swoosh', if you will. The one I saw installed on that R/T at the dealership my wife and I liked was not more than an inch or two off the deck lid, and flat surfaced front to rear, curving downward on the sides to follow the lines of the car, and bowed to follow the back. It had a nice quality thickness to it also. I'm only assuming it was the Mopar accessory.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
1RTw/RT4ME said:
NiteHawk

I could be wrong, but the SRT8 wing looks curved, front to rear. More of a 'swoosh', if you will. The one I saw installed on that R/T at the dealership my wife and I liked was not more than an inch or two off the deck lid, and flat surfaced front to rear, curving downward on the sides to follow the lines of the car, and bowed to follow the back. It had a nice quality thickness to it also. I'm only assuming it was the Mopar accessory.
It sounds like the one you discribe is made by the spoiler factory. Check it out
http://www.thespoilerfactory.com/pa...o=IB-DGCH06&make=8&model=Charger&year=2006-UP

http://www.thespoilerfactory.com/pa...o=I3-2290PP&make=8&model=Charger&year=2006-UP

·
Registered
289 Posts
1RTw/RT4ME said:
NiteHawk

What you are describing is not a Mopar accessory. Mine is was installed by CA Concepts, not sure who the maker is.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I love you guys. At least there is time for me to wipe SUCKER off my forehead.

Even at $500 over invoice, they are making respectable money on the car. As the fleet manager of the dealership, why would my salesman mar his goodwill by trying to gouge me on the 'nickel and dime' accessory items that he promoted at 'dealer cost'

He priced me the complete Daytona grill installed in my R/T at $120. That's on his sales paperwork. If he thinks he is only getting me that mesh insert, he's sadly mistaken.

Thanks, again.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Got mine from thespoilerfactory.com. $239.00 painted, no shipping costs.
It looks great!!!! :goth:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
DirtyOM said:
Got mine from thespoilerfactory.com. $239.00 painted, no shipping costs.
It looks great!!!! :goth:
DirtyOM...I have called them and checked on this spoiler back a couple of months ago. Did you pay to have it installed? if so do you mind me asking how much? just to get a ruff est.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
DirtyOM said:
No, I installed it with a friend. Took about an hour. He said a shop would've charged me $80-100
Thanks...I am still thinking about getting this spoiler...I like that it is lower to the deck lid.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts