Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can get a new black grill for my Charger? Im not down for the bling bling look so I wont be installing any chrome on my leaned towards performance not looks charger. After the grill every mod will be under the hood. Black grill, racey look, where would you guys go to find something like that?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I bought mine from the dealer. There are two types of surrounds. One already painted gloss black for about $300 and a primed one for about $100. There is also an R/T grill that's black.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wow! extremely low price !

But I just want the "cross" in black because I like the OEM grill.

Is it available in any store?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I got my Daytona grille from Lee's Parts.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks Hemi_Infantry

But the Daytona grille has no cross and the grille is made with cells.

I'm interested in the OEM front BUT in black.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sorry, I explained wrong.

The key is that I would want a black grill without honeycomb. Just the OEM grill but in black.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Home Depot sell plastidip for $5.99 + tax.

Dunno what home improvement stores you have local to you in Spain, but the stuff can be purchased for under $10 online and shipped to you. Ive read reviews of people having the original coating on their cars for several years with no fading, chipping, peeling, etc. IMO, looks as good as a painted grille for a fraction of the cost. My $0.02

·
Registered
527 Posts
OK, Savior84, I think I'm gonna do it as you say.

I needed to know if the coating of plastidip can resist for a reasonable period.

OK

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just paint the chrome one. I painted mine this spring and still have no chips. Use self etching primer after wet sanding with 600 grit. Paint then 3 or 4 coats of clear, good to go.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Chri_mar, are you talking about using regular car paint?
Maybe it's a good option but I prefer not to damage the chrome parts.

Perhaps I could prefer the OEM grille in the future.

I've talked with an Ebay buyer and he have explained to me that it's possible to separate the two pieces in the grille and I could use my OEM grille with the Daytona black cross.
So if I can purchase plasti dip, that will be my second option.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
The grill is two piece.

The grill, or crosshairs/surround, and the insert. The insert is available in Daytona style honeycomb or the slats, as available on the regular R/T and all V6 models.

I bought a color matched grill from a V6 off ebay for about $80, and added the honeycomb style insert. The slats are available pretty cheap.

I had the chrome with slats, I don't like that style. I wanted the color matched crosshairs and honeycomb. Total cost off ebay was a little over a hundred bucks for used crosshairs (in very good shape) and new insert, from two different sellers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts