Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm really new here and this is my first post, I recently bought a charger r/t 2013 and my model does not include paddle shifters or navigation, my question is, how do i activate sport mode, in most youtube reviews I see it in the climate control section of the Uconnect screen, but I don't have this option, yet if I shine a bright enough light on my instrument cluster, I can clearly see the outlines of the sport mode illuminator, so does this mean there is a way to turn it on, or my trim level simply does not include a sport mode?

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you have it it would be under your control section with your heated seats you don't need navigation to have it but I'm sorry to say this but I'm pretty sure if your car doesn't have paddle shifters you don't have it cause that's all one option my charger has paddle shifters and yes I know that you don't have to be in auto stick to use sport mode to anyone that's going to say that hopefully I'm wrong and you do have it though best of luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes It would look like that thanks for the picture

Well now I'm assuming that my trim level doesn't have a sport mode as I cant find that option in the screen, it only has the Screen Off button, but if anyone else has a solution please tell me.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
Well now I'm assuming that my trim level doesn't have a sport mode as I cant find that option in the screen, it only has the Screen Off button, but if anyone else has a solution please tell me.
I might be wrong, but I think you only get it if you have paddle shifters, which mine has!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry they are correct if you don't have the paddle shifters you don't have sport mode
Damn that sucks, can I install paddle shifters in my car by the dealer?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Get a tuner. Problem solved.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Get a tuner. Problem solved.
Maybe a TranZformer would help with this but I think like the Diablo tuners it will only adjust shift firmness not shift points. Big difference. The Tranzformer might be the closest with upshift and downshift boosting available. Diablo tuners only allow a fixed setting for shift firmness on Chargers. On or Off. :beerchug:

·
Registered
906 Posts
What is the whole point behind sport mode ? I have it in my 2013 R/T I know it uses up a bit more gas and changes the exhaust note a little but what else does it do?

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
What is the whole point behind sport mode ? I have it in my 2013 R/T I know it uses up a bit more gas and changes the exhaust note a little but what else does it do?

I think it is more aggressive shifting!

Of course, that will use up more gas as opposed to normal shifting!

·
Registered
906 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
How would it make the exhaust louder?
It won't!

It has no change to the exhaust note!

Two of the exact same vehicles, one with it and one without it and with no other mods, should sound exactly the same!

You would be able to force higher revs with the one with sport mode, as it would be shifting later than the one without!

·
Registered
562 Posts
It won't!

It has no change to the exhaust note!

Two of the exact same vehicles, one with it and one without it and with no other mods, should sound exactly the same!

You would be able to force higher revs with the one with sport mode, as it would be shifting later than the one without!
That's what I thought. Someone else in this thread said it makes the exhaust louder.

However, I thought I had sports mode when I got my car. Turns out I don't. Disappointing :(

·
Registered
906 Posts
I just said it changes the note... Not loudness. I just think it sounds good with the longer revs while on sport mode. That's all I was trying to say.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts